6A #6 Simon Kenton vs. 5A Highlands

thsrocks

Simon Kenton vs. Highlands: Who wins and why?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Simon Kenton vs. Highlands: Who wins and why?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Neers win by a couple + scores....but Lord have Mercy if the birds pull off the upset... :jump:

There's some solid athletes in the Birds program and although I'm many years removed from the Fort Thomas Junior Football League I wonder why the football funnel hasn't continue to fill as did before.

Cue entitlement issue mentality response and coaches who cannot adapt and overcome. There's a balance in there somewhere. SK and Covcath remarkably have a now streamlined youth to high school program funnel in place. It's fun to witness unless you're on the receiving end of said structure.

Get right and start putting the right people in places to nurture young athletes to feed your programs whether Single A to 6A! It's tiresome having to bring that milk crate out to stand on every now and then! CARRY ON FOLKS...

To the one running back comment: We have one running back that is a true varsity quality RB - Schwalbach. The rest aren't varsity quality. Wilson hasn't done anything in the games that he's been in, and neither sophomore is ready at all (evidenced by the ball control issues and size).

There are at least 3 WR that played RB previously that need to be taking reps at RB AND WR for situations like this.

To the one running back comment: We have one running back that is a true varsity quality RB - Schwalbach. The rest aren't varsity quality. Wilson hasn't done anything in the games that he's been in, and neither sophomore is ready at all (evidenced by the ball control issues and size).

There are at least 3 WR that played RB previously that need to be taking reps at RB AND WR for situations like this.

I will be the first to say that comments like this are a little over the top. These are high school kids that we are talking about here, not college or professional.

Were you at the game last year? SK thumped us and pulled a garbage move and made sure to score another (with Shear) with almost no time left, up by at least 3 scores I believe.

Thumped us? It was a shootout and SK pulled ahead late in the 4th. Glorious victory for SKs like 3rd best team vs Highlands worst team in 100 years.

I will be the first to say that comments like this are a little over the top. These are high school kids that we are talking about here, not college or professional.

I agree, don't trash on kids individually by name. Plus, i thought Bowling looked really good especially for a sophomore.

All comes down to if the Birds qb can get the ball to Venneman and Wogan, if not theres a field day for SK.

I was impressed with Venneman. I dont know if he possesses a high level college skill because of measurables, not because of skill or heart. Slot in his future maybe somewhere. He definitely was the man on offense against us for highlands. Wish him the best. Got to get bigger if he wants to play college ball, ( bulk wise )