6A #6 Simon Kenton vs. 5A Highlands

thsrocks

Simon Kenton vs. Highlands: Who wins and why?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Simon Kenton vs. Highlands: Who wins and why?

I'm a Matt Shearer fan, watched him play in FTJRFL and he has always been very polite when I interacted with him. His Dad is a good guy as well. I wish him success and hope he can lead the Pioneers deep into the 6A playoffs.

The best pass defense is a strong pass rush. Maybe run some blitz packages from the edge to contain Shearer because he can move as well. This will be a very tough game for the Birds. I'm hoping for the best but SK is loaded.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this will be similar to the Highlands vs Ryle game I believe. Highlands still has some issues that need solved: players playing two ways, offensive play calling, tackling in general.

Does Highlands not blitz linebackers any more? I was thinking about it, I don't think I saw a LB blitz in what games I've been too.

This will be nothing like Ryle/Highlands game. SK is really good at every position and more depth than they ever had.

This will be nothing like Ryle/Highlands game. SK is really good at every position and more depth than they ever had.

Sk will have to throw the ball. Both of the running backs are fast but light and not as strong as Ryles two backs. They won't break as many tackles and are easier to bring down if you can get to them. HHS rallied to the ball on us we just have two weight room freaks running the rock. If HHS is determined they can make SK one dimensional. Just WRAP UP.

Sk will have to throw the ball. Both of the running backs are fast but light and not as strong as Ryles two backs. They won't break as many tackles and are easier to bring down if you can get to them. HHS rallied to the ball on us we just have two weight room freaks running the rock. If HHS is determined they can make SK one dimensional. Just WRAP UP.

To your point of "Just wrap up". Do the birds D coaches teach this, or do they instruct to try to strip the ball? I am asking this in all seriousness. I am amazed at the number of players it takes to bring down a guy because three defenders are going for a strip instead of wrapping up a guy.. curious if this is the players doing it or if it is actually the coaching philosophy. how often and how do they practice tackling?

I meant scoreboard more than actual gameplay but yeah. Ryle has two studs at RB and SK is more balanced.

You can't wrap what you you can't catch! Quickness and speed provides what size alone does not.

To your point of "Just wrap up". Do the birds D coaches teach this, or do they instruct to try to strip the ball? I am asking this in all seriousness. I am amazed at the number of players it takes to bring down a guy because three defenders are going for a strip instead of wrapping up a guy.. curious if this is the players doing it or if it is actually the coaching philosophy. how often and how do they practice tackling?

To be honest from film it looks like they all try to strip. First guy should wrap everyone else who rallies should go for the ball. You have to secure the tackle first.