Way Too Early Class 3A Playoff Projections

gchs_uk9

There isn't much conversation about Dist. 5 but would anyone be shocked if all of Dist 4 won there first round games? And if they don't can Dist. 5 survive the second round games?

I mean Lex Cath will certainly contend for the district.

Boyle may be as good as they have been since 2010.

Western Hills certainly needs to be in the conversation with Wandale Robinson.

And Garrard has a great ground game which will keep them in a bunch of ball games.

I certainly am not qualified to answer, but am curious to know what other opinions are.

There isn't much conversation about Dist. 5 but would anyone be shocked if all of Dist 4 won there first round games? And if they don't can Dist. 5 survive the second round games?

I mean Lex Cath will certainly contend for the district.

Boyle may be as good as they have been since 2010.

Western Hills certainly needs to be in the conversation with Wandale Robinson.

And Garrard has a great ground game which will keep them in a bunch of ball games.

I certainly am not qualified to answer, but am curious to know what other opinions are.

Obviously it is early, but Russell and Fleming County have both been ranked this season. Russell has struggled but I expect them to play better as the year moves along. Fleming has been impressive early, but also lost one of their best players early in the season. I could see four teams from District 4 winning in the first round, but I could also see two from each district winning. I can't see any more than two teams from District 5 winning a first round game.

I expect Class 3A to look completely different come the next alignment.

Just a look at last year's program shows that CAL was playing the 2A Championship with a considerably larger enrollment than Belfry who was in the 3A Championship.

Corbin most likely will go up in class to 4A, expect Belfry to drop down, and I think you will see a couple notable 2A schools move up.

Corbin will be moving up to 4A for sure. They have 960 students in the High School this year which will easily move them to 4A.

If Belfry is moving to Class 2A, maybe we can run some students off and stay in 3A.:lol2:

Corbin will be moving up to 4A for sure. They have 960 students in the High School this year which will easily move them to 4A.

If Belfry is moving to Class 2A, maybe we can run some students off and stay in 3A.:lol2:

Classification is determined by the # of Boys in the school and believe it's averaged out over 4 years. Corbin and CAL will definitely jump, be interesting to see Lex. Cath and Boyle. I'll say Belfry stays in 3A. You can view Enrollment Reports on the KHSAA website.

Classification is determined by the # of Boys in the school and believe it's averaged out over 4 years. Corbin and CAL will definitely jump, be interesting to see Lex. Cath and Boyle. I'll say Belfry stays in 3A. You can view Enrollment Reports on the KHSAA website.

Belfry may drop!

Belfry may drop!

I explained in another thread Belfry's situation they're not losing boys, they're losing females. Almost at a 3-1 ratio, since 2010, Belfry had two boy large freshman classes 11/12 and 12/13, that boosted their boys enrollment by 50+. I'd be highly surprised if they moved down.

I doubt Belfry will drop. Their boys enrollment in the previous 3 cycles was 341, 338, 326. If boys enrollment drops to something like 310, then the 4 yr average would be 328. That would place them about a third of the way into the 3A range, with 9-10 teams still in the class with lower enrollment. It would take a monumental drop in boys enrollment to drop them to 2A.