August 31, 20179 yr From memory, Villanova was 79% FG (22-28) for the game and 90% (9-10) in the 2nd half, the last college game without the shot clock and all in our own backyard (Rupp Arena).
August 31, 20179 yr The coach with perhaps the most unique character in an era of wild characters in the Big East Conference.
August 31, 20179 yr I was at that Nova game in Rupp in 85. It was a magical win over heavily favored Georgetown. I'll never forget that game.
September 1, 20179 yr I had the privilege of hearing Rollie speak at several clinics. He was very entertaining. One was conducted at the Xavier Fieldhouse, and following the clinic joined Coach M in the coaches lounge. We were allowed that favor since our head coach, Todd Kofler, was the brother of the Xavier trainer. Those were great times. Many times we shared bar stools with Pete Gillen when he first came to Cincinnati and would have a few beers at Sorrento's in Norwood.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.