Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6A #4 Scott County vs. 5A #11 Highlands

Scott County vs Highlands: Who wins and why? 100 members have voted

  1. 1. Scott County vs Highlands: Who wins and why?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

That's because he hasn't done much....nor have any receivers really. Catches here and there, no one over 100 yards yet in a game.

 

To be fair I don't believe he's gotten many opportunities especially being doubled.

 

This might be the week to go up top and let Nick run under it especially if the Cardinals are sending the blitz.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When has SC ever TRIED to be cute in anything they do? They are gonna run right at Highlands, match them up man and blitz them on D. Turning the ball over would not trying to be cute it would be not executing the offense right. Just didn't understand your lingo here. That being said I would like to see the same thing and believe SC could win big if they play a little cleaner than last week.

 

I was quoting someone that said "I hope Scott co flexes their muscles." Which I thought meant going outside their everyday work. And to me going outside what you normally do to "flex" is being cute. I would seriously doubt they would do that. You should have read who I was quoting as well.

I agree. He was pretty much our only real downfield threat last year and this year everyone is hip to it.

 

That's when you need to roll the dice and get creative. Get him the ball in space somehow, I mean the Pittsburgh steelers still get the ball to Antonio Brown. Plus the double team creates a void somewhere else and the other wide receivers are pretty good too. They need to try some more stuff.

I was quoting someone that said "I hope Scott co flexes their muscles." Which I thought meant going outside their everyday work. And to me going outside what you normally do to "flex" is being cute. I would seriously doubt they would do that. You should have read who I was quoting as well.

 

Scott is bigger and stronger. I hope they flex that strength. Getting cute was your idea. It doesn't make much sense to people who know McKee.

That's when you need to roll the dice and get creative. Get him the ball in space somehow, I mean the Pittsburgh steelers still get the ball to Antonio Brown. Plus the double team creates a void somewhere else and the other wide receivers are pretty good too. They need to try some more stuff.

 

Oh trust me, I'm with you. If I were calling the shots the personnel and play calls would be different than they are now.

 

Scholleman doesn't have the same downfield arm that our QB had last year, so that factors in as well I think. Veneman had a ton of 30+ yard catches last year....I don't even think we have thrown that deep to him more than once or twice so far.

I think this week comes down to two things for HHS and their fans...or at least two tests that I'd like to see play out win or lose. What can the defense do against a very good athletic offense (so realistically how good is this new and improved defense) and will they open up the offense more? Every new year a work in progress and this game will provide us some answers to those things...again win or lose. But this is exactly why you play these types of teams and games.

Is Larry Wilson back and healthy???

 

Haven't heard. Normally, I would find that stuff out at the freshman game on Thursdays. Harvey screwed that up too!

Scott is bigger and stronger. I hope they flex that strength. Getting cute was your idea. It doesn't make much sense to people who know McKee.

 

Gotcha, you meant actually flexing their physical muscles. I thought you meant through play calling.

I think this week comes down to two things for HHS and their fans...or at least two tests that I'd like to see play out win or lose. What can the defense do against a very good athletic offense (so realistically how good is this new and improved defense) and will they open up the offense more? Every new year a work in progress and this game will provide us some answers to those things...again win or lose. But this is exactly why you play these types of teams and games.

 

Mega Dittos Rush! The bend-don't-break defense will give up points. I doubt the turnovers will be as plentiful as in the first two weeks, but talking to CCH parents after the game, the HHS defense is a "ball strippin bunch" so maybe SCHS will put one or two on the turf. HHS offense needs to continue to let more out of the bag to be in the game come winning-time. It'll be interesting to see what new wrinkles we will see. The weapons are there, IMHO.

No live video or radio?

 

Anybody going to the game going to do updates?

No live video or radio?

 

Anybody going to the game going to do updates?

 

I'll be at the game, and I'll do my best to do updates as well. I do think there is a live stream of the game tonight as well. Pretty sure you can go to the Highlands Athletics page and pay for the live stream (all games available I think).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.