Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18

Is this list based off potential? If it is based off who is the best player right now then this list may be off a bit.

My first list was based off the top 15 right now, and Mickey Pearson should definitely be in the conversation for top 15.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you asked . I saw him in Dallas with Vision 22 and looked lost and barely played . As I stated in high level aau best players play . I saw the Ryle game , and Ryle has very limited talent. RYle box and oned him and Pendleton had no idea what to run against the gimmick defense . I can name other games if you like . What offers does he have except NKU ? You get a real feel how good a kid is in high level aau . Unfortunately kids get recruited what they do in the shoe circuit what they do in high school means very little to Div 1 coaches and he quit after the one tournament. Outside of Johnson and Moreno what makes this class so special ? Like I said I'm looking forward to watching him this spring and summer against great comp to see how he matches up . As stated earlier I love John B and if he offered the kid he is good . Just in my opinion who is he better than on the list . None in the top 10. He's just a jr and has plenty of time to show I'm wrong .

I think Dontaie is underrated here, just an opinion. He and David Johnson both played at the All In Hoopfest in July, Johnson's Magic and Allen's Royals both won their pools and both lost in the first round of the championship bracket. Its a shame they both lost and missed the chance to go head to head, but in their pool games Allen was more dominant in his games than Johnson was, and from a numbers standpoint I would bet it wasn't even close (Allen at 27+ PPG).

Dontaie also played well against D1 level competition over the summer in Ft. Wayne and Columbus, including head to head against EYBL Indy Heat. If the NKU offer is the only D1 offer he has right now I'd be surprised, but he is only entering his junior year as you pointed out. We will see I suppose.

Dontaie's recruiting will pick up a lot. He like some other kids in the state started slow this past AAU season with maybe not picking the correct team to begin with. He is a stud, and he deserves to be mentioned in the same breathe as the top 2 or 3 2019 kids in the state. I wish him and his family well....keep grindin young bull.

I think Dontaie is underrated here, just an opinion. He and David Johnson both played at the All In Hoopfest in July, Johnson's Magic and Allen's Royals both won their pools and both lost in the first round of the championship bracket. Its a shame they both lost and missed the chance to go head to head, but in their pool games Allen was more dominant in his games than Johnson was, and from a numbers standpoint I would bet it wasn't even close (Allen at 27+ PPG).

Dontaie also played well against D1 level competition over the summer in Ft. Wayne and Columbus, including head to head against EYBL Indy Heat. If the NKU offer is the only D1 offer he has right now I'd be surprised, but he is only entering his junior year as you pointed out. We will see I suppose.

EKU,NKU and Morehead St. has offered

Rick Bolus Top 12

1- CJ Fredrick

2- Jake Walter

3- Jerome Reed

4-Jayden Scrubb

5- Trevon Faulkner

6- Justin Mitchell

7- Ethan Haynes

8- Markel Turner

9- Mickey Pearson

10-Oumar Keita

11- Steven Fitzgerald

12- Trey Hill

Their is no way that Andrew Taylor from Corbin isn't on this list . Outside Of CJ Fredrick he had the best summer against the best competition. I'm not sure anyone that really knows the game has Ethan Haynes on this list and Taylor not on. Although he is rated 14th according to Bolus this just shows Rick rankings really do not mean much .

Edited by Muskie

Rick Bolus Top 12

1- CJ Fredrick

2- Jake Walter

3- Jerome Reed

4-Jayden Scrubb

5- Trevon Faulkner

6- Justin Mitchell

7- Ethan Haynes

8- Markel Turner

9- Mickey Pearson

10-Oumar Keita

11- Steven Fitzgerald

12- Trey Hill

Their is no way that Andrew Taylor from Corbin isn't on this list . Outside Of CJ Fredrick he had the best summer against the hugest competition. I'm not sure anyone that really knows the game has Ethan Haynes on this list and Taylor not on. Although he is rated 14th according to Bolus this just shows Rick rankings really do not mean much .

No list really matters frankly. Adam Kunkle is on just about everyone’s list except this one. I will say that Ethan Haynes could certainly be a top 15 player by seasons end. He had a huge summer which put him on many radars but as of today I don’t think he’s a top 15 player.

Good luck to all the Ky players this season!

No list really matters frankly. Adam Kunkle is on just about everyone’s list except this one. I will say that Ethan Haynes could certainly be a top 15 player by seasons end. He had a huge summer which put him on many radars but as of today I don’t think he’s a top 15 player.

Good luck to all the Ky players this season!

Who did Hayes play for this summer ?

Who did Hayes play for this summer ?

Yes he did. Played for KY Select and really had a breakout summer for him. I believe he also went to Bolus camp also and was name most outstanding player there which is probably how he showed up on his list. As I stated, he’s probably not top 15 yet but he’s certainly one to keep an eye on.

According to the Bolus rankings, Kunkel isn't even top 12 in the '18 class and Zach Kelch isn't in the top 50. I hope these kids see that list and ball out this yr.

The only person that thinks the Bolus rankings have any credibility, is Rick Bolus.

I know this may be a hard thing to do with so many players in the state but I wanted to see if anyone could try it.

1. Best Shooters in the State?

2. Best defenders in the state?

3. Best ball handlers in the state?

4. Best shot blockers in the state?

5. Best dunkers in the state?