Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pleasure Ridge Park 35 Bowling Green 21

Featured Replies

Is this an upset? Congrats to P.R.P.
I believe this is a huge upset. Thankfully only one team from 6A district three can make it to the state finals and they are on the opposite side from district 4 this season.

 

Coach Lampley can rest easy for another 3.5 years at least before another school threatens the 50 game win streak. Now, with a little luck, Coach Beatty may make a run at it....

I believe this is a huge upset. Thankfully only one team from 6A district three can make it to the state finals and they are on the opposite side from district 4 this season.

 

Coach Lampley can rest easy for another 3.5 years at least before another school threatens the 50 game win streak. Now, with a little luck, Coach Beatty may make a run at it....

 

If PRP had defeated last seasons BG team it would have been a Huge Upset yes. THIS BG team returned 7 starters and was on the road in the their 2nd game. This was an upset but each team is different.

It is unfortunate that you can not just give credit to a senior laden PRP squad who was fired up to play. Instead focusing on cutting BG at EVERY opportunity and nearby post due to a record that only a few old green men care about.

Took it on the chin. If I'm not mistaken, every team does. I'm not ready to throw in towel for the season. I can assure you that BG will be better in November than they are now. I'm guessing that most folks would love for their teams to go 85-4.

 

Give credit to PRP.

If PRP had defeated last seasons BG team it would have been a Huge Upset yes. THIS BG team returned 7 starters and was on the road in the their 2nd game. This was an upset but each team is different.

 

88, how would you compare Bowling Green RIGHT NOW to Covington Catholic? I know the Purples have been head-and-shoulders better than everyone in 5A for awhile, but curious what the difference is between the top 2 and perhaps even those ranked 3-7 or so. Thanks.

Surprised that there hasn't been more chatter on this. Figured this was an upset

 

Honestly I think those around Bowling Green knew this could happen, so its not so much of a shock.

88, how would you compare Bowling Green RIGHT NOW to Covington Catholic? I know the Purples have been head-and-shoulders better than everyone in 5A for awhile, but curious what the difference is between the top 2 and perhaps even those ranked 3-7 or so. Thanks.

 

If they were to play today, the edge goes to Cov Cath. One thing Coach Wallace is really good at is minimizing BG weaknesses as the season goes on, so come 3 months from now who knows, but Cov Cath has the edge today IMO.

No shame losing to a team like PRP. They are a very good football team. If they can cut down on their penalties, they will be tough to beat. The Purples will learn from this loss and be a better team because of it.

88, how would you compare Bowling Green RIGHT NOW to Covington Catholic? I know the Purples have been head-and-shoulders better than everyone in 5A for awhile, but curious what the difference is between the top 2 and perhaps even those ranked 3-7 or so. Thanks.

GC, excellent question, difficult to answer, but I would say this to start out.

For CovCath, I know limited amount of info on them although I watched them play LAST year at Fern Creek, but know THIS Year is a different team, likely better how much better is debatable. So I have walk softly here as I just don't know as much.

For BG, I know quit a bit and am typically hard on them as a whole IMO.

 

SO, I would TODAY give CovCath the advantage for sure. The PRP game was VERY physical and took its toll on both teams physically and mentally. How will BG bounce back against the #2 team in the State? Tall order. With Owensboro coming to town the week following. While I am impressed with CovCaths early season wins, they are to an underwhelming Ryle team that may take a step back this season and to a 2A but very Good Lex Cath team. LexCath is good But CovCath is supposed to win that game every time if I'm not mistaken. No knocking them just stating facts.

 

Concerning 3-7, you are talking about teams like Christian County, Owensboro, Fern Creek, Pulaski County, South Oldham and Doss. These are teams that can compete with the top 2 on a given night. Most of these teams have scheduled pretty well to help them for November, but not all. Keep your eye on the Christian County v Owensboro game; Fern Creek v Doss; South Oldham v Shelby County and Pulaski County vs SWestern as teams begin to separate themselves later in the year as which teams are improving and which ones aren't.

 

Cov Cath likely will have to face SOldham in the Regional Championship and BG would have to face both O and CCounty to win the region this year with the second game on the road. If all those are wins then CovCath and BG meet for a fun Post Turkey Day battle. BUT a lot of water to flow under the bridge first. BG has a history of using these tough games to make them better. I feel they will but it is a much tougher task this season.

BG has more speed than Cov Cath will see all season. If they meet in the finals it will not be close. BG is still head and shoulders better that the rest of 5A.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.