Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why don't the Boone County programs produce more quality quarterbacks?

Featured Replies

Other than Drew Barker, and, discounting Tad Morgan, who I believe transferred in, I can not think of many quality QBs developed in any of the Boone County programs in the 12 or so years I've been paying attention to HS ball here. I have some thoughts on this issue, but I'll let you folks chime in first

Other than Drew Barker, and, discounting Tad Morgan, who I believe transferred in, I can not think of many quality QBs developed in any of the Boone County programs in the 12 or so years I've been paying attention to HS ball here. I have some thoughts on this issue, but I'll let you folks chime in first

 

Morgan started at Ryle played for the Union Raiders.

Morgan started at Ryle played for the Union Raiders.

 

No played his freshman and sophomore year for Hazard.

No played his freshman and sophomore year for Hazard.

 

He played for the Union Raiders.

Yes he was. Also Conner Himple ( not sure of the spelling ) was a D-1 QB. That is 3 D-1 QB's in the last 6 years. Not to bad.

Well he must have went back to Hazard. He started as a freshman and sophomore At Hazard before starting at Ryle his junior year. His stats at Hazard can be found on the KHSAA website.

You all are right on Tanner Morgan. He grew up in Union, played freshman football at Ryle as an 8th grader, went to Hazard for 2 years and then came back and finished up at Ryle. I would consider him a Boone County product.

  • Author
Yes he was. Also Conner Himple ( not sure of the spelling ) was a D-1 QB. That is 3 D-1 QB's in the last 6 years. Not to bad.

 

I did miss Himple.

 

3 D1 prospects from 4 large schools in 6 years? SK has had that many by themselves in the last 4 years. The Boone County schools should be producing more QB prospects. I'd like to hear the perspective of those coaching in the youth league in Boone County. Does anybody throw the ball in that league?

This thread is ridiculous. There have been plenty of quality QBs in the Boone County Schools over the years.

Conner throws the ball a lot, Cooper did last season, Ryle has the last two years. You play to what you have.

This thread is ridiculous. There have been plenty of quality QBs in the Boone County Schools over the years.

 

Couldn't agree more, this thread is pointless. Depends on the definition of "quality". I would certainly say Hempel, Barker, Nick West, Morgan, Morris, and Lonaker, who was one of the leaders in entire State in passing for nearly all of 2016, qualify as quality in most people's book and I'm probably missing others.

There are only 4 schools in the county and one has been around only 9 years so I would say the county is doing a pretty decent job IMO.

FYI for those of you not sure on the spelling it is:

 

Conner Hempel - Ryle and Harvard QB

If we can't follow the rules we can't talk.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.