Vandy cancels UofL FB series

RowdyRedRam

^ why would you say that? Do you not recognize that U of L's program is on the rise....getting better and better recruits, which means they are producing an exponentially better team, year in and year out? The sky is the limit for the 'Ville right now, and being that they are now established, I would say their name will be "around" the national championship discussion for sometime.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ why would you say that? Do you not recognize that U of L's program is on the rise....getting better and better recruits, which means they are producing an exponentially better team, year in and year out? The sky is the limit for the 'Ville right now, and being that they are now established, I would say their name will be "around" the national championship discussion for sometime.

Playing in the Big East I agree that they will be in NC discussions for a while. Put them in the SEC and everything gets harder, including the recruiting, which is what has put UL where they are today.

Recruiting would be harder in the SEC????

No it wouldn't.

In most aspects it would. Sure more of the nations top high school players would be watching UL play which 'could' help in some aspects. But UL would be competing with the likes of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and so on and so on to get these kids. And before you say "UL already recruits Florida well,'" that would change real quick if the Gators handed them a couple of losses. The top HS players want to play in a BCS conference, but it is much easier to convince them to come to your school when your competition is the likes of Uconn, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU.

In most aspects it would. Sure more of the nations top high school players would be watching UL play which 'could' help in some aspects. But UL would be competing with the likes of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and so on and so on to get these kids. And before you say "UL already recruits Florida well,'" that would change real quick if the Gators handed them a couple of losses. The top HS players want to play in a BCS conference, but it is much easier to convince them to come to your school when your competition is the likes of Uconn, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU.
The fact that UK can nearly recruit as well (in terms of recruiting rankings) as UofL despite the fact that they are a laughing stock of D1-A football, suggest differently. And I don't assume Florida gives us a couple of losses either, UofL can compete with these schools, and we aren't afraid to use KY kids to do it either.

Who's wishing for UL to be in the SEC? :confused: We simply said we'd like to see what would happen if UL and UK swapped conferences....

Ok then. You all should quit "wishing you could swap conferences with UK" just to see what would happen. I dont see the difference, but whatever..

The fact that UK can nearly recruit as well (in terms of recruiting rankings) as UofL despite the fact that they are a laughing stock of D1-A football, suggest differently. And I don't assume Florida gives us a couple of losses either, UofL can compete with these schools, and we aren't afraid to use KY kids to do it either.

UK's recruiting has picked up over the past couple of years, however last year was UK's best class in probably 20 years. It was still ranked in the lower half of the SEC. UL would not be a consistent SEC powerhouse as some of you are proclaiming, by just recruiting KY kids and a handful from other states.

Vandy usually schedules some tougher games OOC. I think they actually dropped a gimmie game for the chance to go open up at Michigan this year.

As for the UL in the SEC, I think they would do quite well this year, maybe not SEC Championship, but would compete for it.

I think what gets lost, is playing on the road in many of these venues for UL would be something different than they have faced. Plus, the week in and week out grind of the 8 game conference schedule would be physically difficult.

As much of a SEC blowhard that I am, the SEC is down this year, overall.

The West has LSU who I still think is really good...Auburn. After that Bama and Arkansas mirror each other. Ole Miss could be on the verge of canning O, The Coach, and Slyvester has issues in Starkville.

The East is solid with Florida at the top and then you have Tennessee which is battling injuries, and Georgia who is having to sort through some QB growing pains. SC can be pretty good when they come to play. UK is improving and Vandy has been more competitive than many thought they would be this year.

Maybe those schools are just trying a change in scenery, since they have both had series with UL in previous years. But I can see how from a UL fans point of view all of these teams are scared to play them. As far as Georgia they dont typically have as tough of an OOC schedule as UT and Auburn. Their OOC games this year were WKU, Colorado, and G. Tech. Although Auburns OOC was pretty weak this year.

"This year?" Are we talking about the same Auburn who just two seasons ago went undefeated, yet was shut out of the National Championship game because of their traditionally "tough" OOC schedule? Wow.

"This year?" Are we talking about the same Auburn who just two seasons ago went undefeated, yet was shut out of the National Championship game because of their traditionally "tough" OOC schedule? Wow.

I said "this year" because I had just looked at their schedule.. My memory is not good enough to remember every team they have played over the past few years. Unfortunetely noone is perfect, not even I. :D