Vandy cancels UofL FB series

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to long after Georgia Tech ran from the Cards now Vandy is following suit in canceling thier series with UofL.

Rumors state that Jurich is going after Tenn with a home and home and a third game at Nashville, as well as attempted matchup with Auburn.

All hail the mighty cardinals. :lol:

Maybe they should try scheduling other close to home powerhouses such as Indiana and Illinios. I don't know if the UT and Auburn 'rumors' are true or not, but if UL is trying to prove something those are the kind of schools they should be going after. Rather than UgaTech and Vandy. But with the brutal schedules UT and Auburn already have, I would be suprised if they scheduled UL as another out of conference game. But im sure if they don't we'll be hearing how they're running scared too.

Maybe they should try scheduling other close to home powerhouses such as Indiana and Illinios. I don't know if the UT and Auburn 'rumors' are true or not, but if UL is trying to prove something those are the kind of schools they should be going after. Rather than UgaTech and Vandy. But with the brutal schedules UT and Auburn already have, I would be suprised if they scheduled UL as another out of conference game. But im sure if they don't we'll be hearing how they're running scared too.

You better believe it.

But for the uninformed, Louisville has been pushing big matchups for a long time now, it is nothing new.

Make up your mind...In the first bolded part, you are making fun of UL, and in the second bolded part, you are saying you can understand why UT or Auburn wouldn't want to schedule them...Which is it? :confused:

Louisville has a home and home signed with Georgia, has a tentative agreement with LSU, and is absolutely talking to Tennessee on the three game deal RRR mentioned... I can't say for certain about Auburn.

And you better watch out, there are plenty of Notre Dame fans on this site, and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate your dogging Georgia Tech as an opponent...

Make up your mind...In the first bolded part, you are making fun of UL, and in the second bolded part, you are saying you can understand why UT or Auburn wouldn't want to schedule them...Which is it? :confused:

Relax, it was just a joke. My point was that with as many potential losses UT and Auburn already face based on their SEC schedule alone, they would be stupid to schedule another game that they "could" lose as an out of conference game. The way the BCS is set up your National Championship hopes are all but gone if you lose more than one game. So my point was if you already play a brutal conference you shouldn't be scheduling teams that could beat you on a given night as an OOC game. That doesn't mean these teams are running scared, it just means their AD's have a little common sense.

But yes, UL is doing the right thing if they are going after schools like UT and Auburn. Even though their first choices were apparently G. Tech and Vandy. However I believe they would have a better chance at getting a powerhouse from a conference like the ACC, Pac10, or even Big12 to commit to a game.

Relax, it was just a joke. My point was that with as many potential losses UT and Auburn already face based on their SEC schedule alone, they would be stupid to schedule another game that they "could" lose as an out of conference game. The way the BCS is set up your National Championship hopes are all but gone if you lose more than one game. So my point was if you already play a brutal conference you shouldn't be scheduling teams that could beat you on a given night as an OOC game. That doesn't mean these teams are running scared, it just means their AD's have a little common sense.

But UT just got of of a home and home with Notre Dame, and added Cal this year. I don't see them being afraid to schedule UL.

But yes, UL is doing the right thing if they are going after schools like UT and Auburn. Even though their first choices were apparently G. Tech and Vandy. However I believe they would have a better chance at getting a powerhouse from a conference like the ACC, Pac10, or even Big12 to commit to a game.
Their first choices were FSU and Miami.:thumb:

And we've scheduled Georgia and Georgia Tech (even if Tech backed out) and we're apparently trying to get a home and home with Auburn...

Notice anything about the states involved, and Louisville's recruiting?

But UT just got of of a home and home with Notre Dame, and added Cal this year. I don't see them being afraid to schedule UL.

That's part of the point. If the home and home with ND is over and they replaced it with Cal, why would they add another game with UL? IMO, it was a smart move to drop ND and replace them with Cal.

That's part of the point. If the home and home with ND is over and they replaced it with Cal, why would they add another game with UL? IMO, it was a smart move to drop ND and replace them with Cal.
I don't think the Cal game is a yearly series.