July 21, 20179 yr First 2 out: 11. Carson Palmer 12. Andy Dalton Top 10 Before he retires: - Vontaze Burfict So let me get this straight, your going to make a current receiver #1, but the QB that threw him most of the passes isnt even in the top 10? How does that make sense.
July 21, 20179 yr If he stays healthy, it'll be tough to not have Green at the top of the list when he's done IMO. Tough for him to top Munoz unless AJ gets to a super bowl.
July 21, 20179 yr Author AJ has been in the top 10 of receptions and TDs only twice in his career...he's really good but I don't see him as an elite NFL receiver based off of his production. He may end up as the Bengals all time leader, but I can't see him being the Greatest Bengal of All-Time. That first paragraph is laughable. AJ is regarded as a top 5 receiver in the game by virtually everyone. AJ and Julio came in the same year and Julio and AJ's stats are basically a push. Julio has more yards AJ has more TD's. Is Julio not elite? Who is elite?
July 21, 20179 yr Author So let me get this straight, your going to make a current receiver #1, but the QB that threw him most of the passes isnt even in the top 10? How does that make sense. I'm speaking right now. I think Andy will be pretty high up before all is said and done.
July 21, 20179 yr That first paragraph is laughable. AJ is regarded as a top 5 receiver in the game by virtually everyone. AJ and Julio came in the same year and Julio and AJ's stats are basically a push. Julio has more yards AJ has more TD's. Is Julio not elite? Who is elite? 1st Team All-Pro is Elite...after that you have really good maybe even great WR's, but in my opinion 1st Team All-Pro is the Elite of the NFL. Maybe AJ will make 1st team All-Pro this year and I'll happily say that he is Elite and not just really good or even great.
July 21, 20179 yr Author This is exactly right. Munoz will continue to get mentioned for decades when discussing the best tackles of all-time. AJ Green will not be mentioned among the WR greats. 5 years after his career he won't be mentioned among the top 50 all-time. Think back through the history of the game and where does his name land among WRs? It's like in baseball, Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs in one season in 1927. It was almost 40 years until Roger Maris did it in 1961. Then two guys hit 60+ in one season followed by Bonds hitting 73 shortly thereafter. McGuire did it two years in a row. Hitting 60+ homers in a season happened 6 times in 4 years. Something going on in that era! The achievement just didn't mean as much in the late 1990's as it did in 1927 and 1961. AJ Green has big numbers, but he's doing it in an era when a bunch of guys hit big numbers. It doesn't mean as much. He has talent but it has a lot to do with the nature of the game today. He won't be in the discussion of all-time great WRs, except perhaps in Cincinnati. So Munoz belongs at #1. WR>OL.
July 21, 20179 yr Author 1st Team All-Pro is Elite...after that you have really good maybe even great WR's, but in my opinion 1st Team All-Pro is the Elite of the NFL. Maybe AJ will make 1st team All-Pro this year and I'll happily say that he is Elite and not just really good or even great. So your opinion of elite is based off opinions of others?
July 21, 20179 yr Munoz is considered one of the best lineman in the history of the league. As good as AJ Green is, he's never even been the best of his generation. Sorry but AJ won't jump Munoz in my rankings.
July 21, 20179 yr WR>OL.[/quote Even if I grant you that the best WR is > the best OL, AJ Green still can't carry water for Munoz.
July 21, 20179 yr I'm speaking right now. I think Andy will be pretty high up before all is said and done. My point is still valid, even if your speaking in the right now. AJ dont catch a ball if nobody throws it to him.
July 21, 20179 yr Author My point is still valid, even if your speaking in the right now. AJ dont catch a ball if nobody throws it to him. So you don't value recievers is what I'm assuming here?
July 21, 20179 yr I think it will be close. He is the franchise leader in every receiving category. I think it's closer than most would think. If it has taken TO this long to get in, there is no way that 8-5 gets in. Numbers are about 25% less across the board comparing the two, and the antics aren't that far from each other.
July 21, 20179 yr 1st Team All-Pro is Elite...after that you have really good maybe even great WR's, but in my opinion 1st Team All-Pro is the Elite of the NFL. Maybe AJ will make 1st team All-Pro this year and I'll happily say that he is Elite and not just really good or even great. To be fair Green most likely would have been a first team all pro last year until his injury. He was on pace for 1800 yards last year.
July 21, 20179 yr So you don't value recievers is what I'm assuming here? I do value receivers, all I am saying is you cant have the WR #1, and then the QB throwing him the ball (when its been the same QB his whole career) not in the top 10.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.