September 27, 200620 yr A few weeks back I began a thread called "Please!" in which I asked if we could stop all this reds/playoffs talk. I apologize to all those who follow the reds (which I do), I just thought all possibility of the playoffs was gone at that point. Maybe i spoke too soon. We actually still have a real shot at this!!:ylsuper:
September 27, 200620 yr Thats o.k. polarbear, I said that we were out of it a while back myself along with a lot of people. I still think that the Redlegs will be on the outside looking in this year but what an improvement!! Cheers to the front office, J. Narron and players. We are still discussing this in late September. What an improvement over being out of it in July (or before)!
September 27, 200620 yr A Cards loss tonight & a Reds win will make it very interesting. Does anyone know why the Cards are on pace to play 161 games? Do they have a doubleheader left? They should have to make it up if they finish 1/2 in front of the Reds or Astros with one fewer game played. And what about a three way tie? What happens then?
September 27, 200620 yr They had a rain out against the Giants. If necessary, they will be forced to play that game on Monday before any tiebreakers...
September 27, 200620 yr They would have to make up that stray game if they end up either a half-game up or down. Not sure who the rainout was against.
September 27, 200620 yr A few weeks back I began a thread called "Please!" in which I asked if we could stop all this reds/playoffs talk. I apologize to all those who follow the reds (which I do), I just thought all possibility of the playoffs was gone at that point. Maybe i spoke too soon. We actually still have a real shot at this!!:ylsuper:No apology necessary, most would agree with your assessment at the time. We would need an entire forum, to list all my apology requests.... I am very amazed, at the continued slide of the Cardinals this late. The NL is either overran with parody, or has the potential to get swept in the Series....I'm leaning toward the sweep. They had a rain out against the Giants. If necessary, they will be forced to play that game on Monday before any tiebreakers...Wouldn't be great, if this game had to be played....:thumb:
September 27, 200620 yr We had someone on here not long ago who boldly predicted that the 'stros would overtake the Cardinals. Pretty much laughed at a few short days ago. We had someone else (mcpapa) who implied several weeks ago that the Central Division winner might not win 85 games this year. And we had a whole bunch of folks who were sticking forks in the Redlegs this time last week. I can't remember if I did on this board, but I sure was thinking that they were done. Not criticizing anyone - it's a long season and the fat lady hasn't started singing just yet.
September 27, 200620 yr No need to apologize. You only stated what you felt as I and many others have also done. The way they were playing would justify your comments but doesn't make you a bad Reds fan only a logical one. Don't be to hard on yourself, we get to do it all over again next year.
September 27, 200620 yr If the Cards go 2-4 the rest of the way(possible, not likely), the Reds 4-1(possible, not likely), and the Astros 3-2(very possible), then the Central ends in a three-way tie...WOW!!!
September 27, 200620 yr If the Cards go 2-4 the rest of the way(possible, not likely), the Reds 4-1(possible, not likely), and the Astros 3-2(very possible), then the Central ends in a three-way tie...WOW!!! What would the tie-breaker be in that scenario?! Coin flip for two of the three teams to play, with the winner facing the team getting the "bye"?
September 27, 200620 yr If it goes this way: STL(2-4) Reds(4-1) HOUS(2-3) Reds and Cards end in a tie. Where would this game be played?
September 27, 200620 yr What would the tie-breaker be in that scenario?! It would take a mathemagician to figure that one out!
September 27, 200620 yr Lance: If the Reds and Cards wind up tied for the NL Central......there will be a one game playoff in St Louis on Tuesday Oct. 3. St Louis has a rain out game vs SF that would have to be made up on Monday Oct. 2 If the Reds, Cards and Astros wind up in a three way tie.....the Cards and Astros play each other Tuesday......and the Reds would play at the winner of that game Wed. I'm still checking on if the Reds would tie with just Houston.
September 27, 200620 yr Lance: If the Reds and Cards wind up tied for the NL Central......there will be a one game playoff in St Louis on Tuesday Oct. 3. St Louis has a rain out game vs SF that would have to be made up on Monday Oct. 2 If the Reds, Cards and Astros wind up in a three way tie.....the Cards and Astros play each other Tuesday......and the Reds would play at the winner of that game Wed. I'm still checking on if the Reds would tie with just Houston. How was the location determined, a coin flip or do you know GT.
September 27, 200620 yr How was the location determined, a coin flip or do you know GT. I'm not positive, but do believe it was a coin flip...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.