BGHS Coach announcement...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learned one thing about young kids by college recruitment and by this who a kid plays for is more important a lot of times than who he's surrounded with.

This is true - and the level of competition also becomes increasingly important as the evaluation process moves forward.

A reality as I see it is this kid is lined up to get a high-paying job in basketball and academics/community ties become secondary considerations. Over the next 3 years this discussion could have an "over/under" tone on how many high schools/prep schools the kid attends before a) selecting a college or b) entering the NBA draft (depending on status of NBA CBA in 2021).

I think the kid will end up at a prep school for his junior/senior seasons.

This is true - and the level of competition also becomes increasingly important as the evaluation process moves forward.

A reality as I see it is this kid is lined up to get a high-paying job in basketball and academics/community ties become secondary considerations. Over the next 3 years this discussion could have an "over/under" tone on how many high schools/prep schools the kid attends before a) selecting a college or b) entering the NBA draft (depending on status of NBA CBA in 2021).

I think the kid will end up at a prep school for his junior/senior seasons.

High school programs are almost irrelevant to these high level aau people. Who you are coached by who you are surrounded by and the level of competition can all be checked off at the aau level. Hs doesn't matter anymore.