Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soccerama

Featured Replies

  • Author

Saw the first half of SK and Cooper. Not sure how it ended but SK looked better to me.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I saw Cooper at BG games, they moved the ball around pretty well and were consistently playing out of the back. I felt they struggled to get into the final third and gave up the ball to easily when they tried to push forward.

Agree. I've been following HS soccer for almost 20 yrs. I can only think of 2 or 3 freshman in those 20 yrs that made an impact on a regional contending team.

It does happen though. I think that more and more, coaches are recognizing that talent is talent, so use it when you have it---versus maybe times in the past where the talented frosh was suppose to wait his turn.

It does happen though. I think that more and more, coaches are recognizing that talent is talent, so use it when you have it---versus maybe times in the past where the talented frosh was suppose to wait his turn.

 

I would tend to agree that for a regional contending team, not many freshman make a big impact. In order for that Freshman to do so, I would think that he may have to be an older freshman and/or to have physically developed a bit. I have seen highly talented kids "playing up" just get pushed off the ball and have trouble in the middle of the field, based on size. 15 years ago there was a better chance when the talent pool wasn't as large.

 

Smaller schools with limited rosters can get some freshman to have an impact. Collegiate for instance.

  • Author

I'd agree that many freshman start and/or play on various soccer teams, even regional contending teams, but they are normally role players at best. Luke Treadway as a frosh made a difference and that's the only one that I have seen in the last 10 years or so.

I would tend to agree that for a regional contending team, not many freshman make a big impact. In order for that Freshman to do so, I would think that he may have to be an older freshman and/or to have physically developed a bit. I have seen highly talented kids "playing up" just get pushed off the ball and have trouble in the middle of the field, based on size. 15 years ago there was a better chance when the talent pool wasn't as large.

 

Smaller schools with limited rosters can get some freshman to have an impact. Collegiate for instance.

 

I think that there is something to be said for high school soccer in regards to athletic ability. Many Freshman coming from club teams may technically be Varsity level, but if they aren't Varsity size wise, it is only a matter of time before they get exploited. Highlands has a Freshman on Varsity who has the jets and the athleticism. He can definitely help. It will be interesting to see how he does. He looked great at tryouts.

That highlands kid is the real deal. He finishes very well, good foot skills, very quick. Size might be a problem but I have seen him play against older kids and he held his own.

  • Author

I've also heard that Highlands may be the ultimate landing spot for the kid who was a potential transfer to CCH from St. X but I'm not positive. Sounds like CCH said thanks but no thanks once they got the full story.

I've also heard that Highlands may be the ultimate landing spot for the kid who was a potential transfer to CCH from St. X but I'm not positive. Sounds like CCH said thanks but no thanks once they got the full story.

Full story?

I've also heard that Highlands may be the ultimate landing spot for the kid who was a potential transfer to CCH from St. X but I'm not positive. Sounds like CCH said thanks but no thanks once they got the full story.

 

Would be no surprise since the kid went to elementary school in Fort Thomas. Not sure how he would be transfer from St. X as I think he is only a frosh this year. Unless the parent has calmed down immensely, it may be more than any coach bargained for.

  • Author
Would be no surprise since the kid went to elementary school in Fort Thomas. Not sure how he would be transfer from St. X as I think he is only a frosh this year. Unless the parent has calmed down immensely, it may be more than any coach bargained for.

 

We may be talking about different players. The kid I'm talking about would be a senior this year. My understanding is he's been at both Walnut Hills and St. X and is looking for a new school this year still.

That highlands kid is the real deal. He finishes very well, good foot skills, very quick. Size might be a problem but I have seen him play against older kids and he held his own.

 

Are you talking about Ferris? There is another Freshman that has great footskills and holds his own. He is on JV. His size is the only thing keeping him from being Varsity, IMO, besides the depth the program has right now.

Would be no surprise since the kid went to elementary school in Fort Thomas. Not sure how he would be transfer from St. X as I think he is only a frosh this year. Unless the parent has calmed down immensely, it may be more than any coach bargained for.

 

I think I know who you are referring to. Parents have calmed a little, but he's staying at St. X.

We may be talking about different players. The kid I'm talking about would be a senior this year. My understanding is he's been at both Walnut Hills and St. X and is looking for a new school this year still.

 

You talking about Ordonez?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.