Soccerama

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe there is a brother that is a frosh in high school this year. They all have attended elementary school in Fort Thomas, but then have ended up across the river for high school.

From what my boys tell me, the Freshman is part of the Crew DA and can't play in high school. He took part in try-outs and looked pretty secure on the ball and athletic. I don't know about his older brother other than he is considered very good.

From what my boys tell me, the Freshman is part of the Crew DA and can't play in high school. He took part in try-outs and looked pretty secure on the ball and athletic. I don't know about his older brother other than he is considered very good.

I've heard the same thing basically but third high school is never a good sign. Speaking of third high schools, my understanding was Nico Ross who started at Cooper and then went to St. Henry last year supposedly transferred to Boone County for this coming year? I've heard he's no longer there either? Anyone know?

It's been mentioned a couple of times but worth mentioning again. Talent is talent but freshman making an impact (starting does not equal impact) on varsity boys soccer is very very rare. Besides Tredway, Zach Lange for St Henry are the only two I've seen in the past 20 ys in NKY. Huge difference is size, strength, to name two and maybe most importantly, mentality between a 14-15 yr and a 17-18 yr old. Over the yrs there have been a ton of hyped freshman, beside the two mentioned above, none have lived up to it.

As for the kid mention playing for the Crew DA, why was he trying out for a HS team? My understanding is you sign a contract when you're a part of that DA (assume the parent signs if the player is under 18). Not sure if you're "under contract" you are permitted to tryout for a HS team.

It's been mentioned a couple of times but worth mentioning again. Talent is talent but freshman making an impact (starting does not equal impact) on varsity boys soccer is very very rare. Besides Tredway, Zach Lange for St Henry are the only two I've seen in the past 20 ys in NKY. Huge difference is size, strength, to name two and maybe most importantly, mentality between a 14-15 yr and a 17-18 yr old. Over the yrs there have been a ton of hyped freshman, beside the two mentioned above, none have lived up to it.

As for the kid mention playing for the Crew DA, why was he trying out for a HS team? My understanding is you sign a contract when you're a part of that DA (assume the parent signs if the player is under 18). Not sure if you're "under contract" you are permitted to tryout for a HS team.

Not trying out. Just participating to get field time, I believe. Never in contention for a spot and didn't take opportunities from other players. He goes to the school.

I watched the first half of the Ryle/Campbell game with Ryle leading 2-0 at half. Campbell is pretty shaky defensively but Ryle looked good with some good team speed. I believe Calvary beat Gallatin County 5-0 in the second game last night but didn't see it. In the nightcap, it was CCH over Brossart 5-0 and that was with a lot of finishing issues for CCH. Brossart will struggle this year.

Colonel starters played about half the game and featured 9 seniors and two juniors if I recall.

CCH has some depth, at least one starter did not play last night and they ran out a different "starting lineup" to begin the second half. They have a 2-3 players capable of playing different positions at a high level and multiple kids are a threat to score. Once things settle into a normal rotation they have a chance to be very good.

Brossart struggled defensively last night with 3 defensive starters not playing and one playing for the first time since bluegrass. We'll take the expert assessment, for what its worth, and continue to improve. I wish CCH the best this year.

Edited by footstomp
spelling

Brossart struggled defensively last night with 3 defensive starters not playing and one playing for the first time since bluegrass. We'll take the expert assessment, for what its worth, and continue to improve. I wish CCH the best this year.

Good luck to Brossart. Hope all their players stay healthy.