East Carter's Montana Fouts repeats as Gatorade's Player of the Year

Its hard to say , maybe she will be when its all said and done , but ( strictly an example , I dont even know where Woodford Co is ) use Woodford Co as an example , they play more good competition in SOME weeks than East did all year. What would their pitchers stats look like if she played nearly all 16th region teams ? And likewise Fouts might have kicked tail against all those teams that a Male or Scott Co or Woodford played . We just dont know until the state tourney is played .

My comment was general as to differences between 40/43 foot eras in Kentucky softball, not directed at Montana Fouts. The most dominant pitchers in 2017 can't put up numbers like pitchers put up 10-15 years ago. I also think the talent level is far better now as well.

As far as Fouts, when you mix in the lack of competition it becomes even more difficult to figure. Last year she had a .15 ERA for the season and 3.09 at state tournament. She gave up more hits at state than all season combined. She's clearly a big talent, but she has not been challenged playing high school softball. That seems pretty clear.

One reason her numbers were so high in the state tourney last year was she had to pitch 5, count them, games in a row and gave up 7 runs to a good Daviess County team last year.

Looks like she pitched one game on Friday and 4 on Saturday

She gave up:

7 vs East Jess

0 vs Johnson Central

1 vs HC Louisville

1 vs Central Hardin

7 vs Davies

My comment was general as to differences between 40/43 foot eras in Kentucky softball, not directed at Montana Fouts. The most dominant pitchers in 2017 can't put up numbers like pitchers put up 10-15 years ago. I also think the talent level is far better now as well.

As far as Fouts, when you mix in the lack of competition it becomes even more difficult to figure. Last year she had a .15 ERA for the season and 3.09 at state tournament. She gave up more hits at state than all season combined. She's clearly a big talent, but she has not been challenged playing high school softball. That seems pretty clear.

Depends on the scorekeeper too. I went to a few of their games this year and they were giving errors to players on plays that should have been scored base hits.

Dont know a thing about Davies Co but East Jess was loaded last year , really solid team.

Davies was very good. I think ranked as high as 5th at one point last year. In the state tournament, we had them down 5-1 with one out in the top of the 7th and we lost 8-5. Their 8 hitter led off the inning with an out. The 9 hitter hit a blooper just over the head and out of reach of our second baseman and then they proceeded to hit about 8 missiles in a row and scored 7 runs. I think they only had like 3 hits up to that point. I was on the losing end, but it was amazing what they did.