Extra Inning games

"Also, winning in 18 innings shouldn’t carry the same amount of weight as winning in nine innings. If your team beats another team 9-2 in nine innings, don’t you feel a little cheated that another team wins 5-4 in 18 innings and it carries the same weight in the standings?"

Did this writer ever play a sport where a game went into extra innings or overtime? All games count the same.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I understand the hatred for ties.

Me neither. Sometimes no one wins. Sometimes no one deserves a win. That's life.

Disagree. There should always be a winner when they play a professional baseball game.

If I paid money to see a professional competition and it ended in a tie I would never ever go again. Crazy talk.

#soccerstillsucks !

I'd be in favor of something reasonable that would help the game end sooner. Starting a runner on 2nd after 12 innings.

So we want to see who can best put a bunt down and have a sac fly? Might as well make it a skills contest, IMO. I hate that we'd suddenly change and make it become about situational execution. Baseball shouldn't be predictable in that sort of way.

So we want to see who can best put a bunt down and have a sac fly? Might as well make it a skills contest, IMO. I hate that we'd suddenly change and make it become about situational execution. Baseball shouldn't be predictable in that sort of way.

Isnt the whole game a skills contest?

Better than sending out the 3rd string C in the 18th because they blew through every pitcher on your roster and your team is behind the 8 ball for it's next 3-4 games. This isn't really a huge deal because it hardly happens, but I hate when it happens to the Reds.