Tim Tebow!!!

stick1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow is the future for Florida. Future being the key word. If they think they have a chance to win big this year, then Chris Leak is their QB. If they want to start building for a big payoff with Tebow, then maybe they should put him in now. I think Meyer is doing the best thing at this point. It's very similar to what Bobby Petrino did with Brian Brohm as a freshman. You know you have your stud QB for the future, so you get him some meaningful snaps in real games (not just garbage time). But, you also have a senior QB who, while he might not be as talented as the younger guy, is better at this point because of his experience. It's ridiculous for Florida fans to want Tebow to replace Leak right now. I don't think they're good enough to win a title in either case, but I know they aren't if Tebow is the #1 QB.

They should take a hint from Louisville fans. They obviously were excited about Brohm and his future, but they also realized that they had a great QB in LeFors. You should enjoy what you have, and be glad you have a guy like that to allow the younger QB to watch and learn and get some valuable snaps for the future.

Arkansas has a freshman that will give him a run for his money in the upcoming years in my opinion. Tebow is good but lets wait until he is the every down starter to see what he is actually made of. From what I have seen so far the kid is a stud but, what high profile, big time college recruit isn't?

In time, Mustain may be very good. Now, though, he looks like a high school kid trying to play the college game.

IMO Mitch Mustain is and will be a better college QB than Tebow. He led his team to a great win over the Tide las week.

"Led his team" is more than a stretch.

I will not call 7/22 97 yards and 3 INTs "leading his team." Today, he is not a good college qb and ARK is going to let him take his lumps due to having no other option.

Its way too early to say who will be better.

Tebow should look better because he will undoubtedly be surrounded by better talent and he'll be playing in a more prolific offense. Who ends up being a better pro prospect might be a better question? Normal people watching football last year wouldn't have even made a comparison between Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler, yet they were very close come draft day.

"Led his team" is more than a stretch.

I will not call 7/22 97 yards and 3 INTs "leading his team." Today, he is not a good college qb and ARK is going to let him take his lumps due to having no other option.

Its way too early to say who will be better.

Good point... I wouldnt mind having either of the two to build my team around for the future thats for sure.

Tim Tebow is almost exclusively a runner at this point in his career. His mechanics throwing the football are atrocious. Urban Meyer and Florida's quarterback coach have a lot of work to do to attempt to make him an outstanding passer.

How many quarterback's come to mind who have made it through four years as running quarterbacks in the SEC? I can not think of one off the top of my head. Too much pounding. He is an outstanding athlete. Very strong, but durability running it in the SEC?

For those of you who think that Tebow is ready to take over the whole load right now, you are nuts. He is barely removed from PROM. The speed of the SEC defenses is only going to get tougher along with the pressure of succeeding. He is better suited to go in, change the pace, do well, and still be able to lean on Urban and Chris to learn. He is in the IDEAL position, and will likely be a first team all-american, or even a heisman trophy winner when it is all said and done.

For those of you who think that Tebow is ready to take over the whole load right now, you are nuts. He is barely removed from PROM. The speed of the SEC defenses is only going to get tougher along with the pressure of succeeding. He is better suited to go in, change the pace, do well, and still be able to lean on Urban and Chris to learn. He is in the IDEAL position, and will likely be a first team all-american, or even a heisman trophy winner when it is all said and done.

Fortunately, Urban realizes the above despite the FL fans clamoring for Tebow. Unlike Mustain, Tebow is in a great situation this year.

81...Great question. John Parker is doing very well and won the job in the spring. I think he would be used the way he is being used with the Gators, but with Chris leaving next year this was a better fit for him. He really liked Coach Shula and he also is a real nice kid. And we will see them on Saturday.