Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County hires Ryan Bowman as girls' basketball head coach.

Featured Replies

Ryan Bowman is the new head coach @ Boone Co. Hope he turns things around!! Best of Luck

Congrats Coach Bowman.

 

Who can give us details on his resume?

Congrats Coach Bowman.

 

Who can give us details on his resume?

 

I first "met" Ryan as he was yelling at me from the sideline when he was the boys frosh coach at Ryle. He then was the Conner boys JV coach for a few years. Applied for a few head coaching jobs last year. Had one and then the old coach changed his mind so he went to Cooper to work with Tim Sullivan.

Wishing the new coach well. I'd be interested to know where he was almost hired. I know of one schools that had interviews and for some reason the old coach decided he didn't want quit. Several more qualified candidates but the Supt gave it back to him over the Ads objections. They are regretting it now.

Great news! Excited for the Lady Rebels!

Not what I predicted, but I hope he does very well.

Knowing Ryan, I can tell you he is ecstatic to get this job. He has wanted to enter the head coaching ranks for many years, it is nice to see he is finally getting his chance. I know he has learned from some really good coaches, Jim Hicks and Tim Sullivan, among others. I know he will go in and work his tail off at this job, and get people excited about the program again. Hopefully he gets time to build that program back up. Congrats to Ryan!

I can tell you that my daughter is looking forward to meeting Coach Ryan and has a positive attitude for the future of the Lady Rebels! So excited for him and the girls!

I can tell you that my daughter is looking forward to meeting Coach Ryan and has a positive attitude for the future of the Lady Rebels! So excited for him and the girls!

 

Is it a different feeling than the last two years or was your daughter not of age for those two hires?

I first "met" Ryan as he was yelling at me from the sideline when he was the boys frosh coach at Ryle. He then was the Conner boys JV coach for a few years. Applied for a few head coaching jobs last year. Had one and then the old coach changed his mind so he went to Cooper to work with Tim Sullivan.

 

A good coach has to know how to yell at the refs.

Definitely different from last year!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.