Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Obama Cashing in on Wall Street

Featured Replies

  • Replies 94
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Obama isn't the only politician to do this. I'm sure plenty of people on both sides of the aisle have done the same. Don't just paint this as one party or one person issue.

  • Author
So should he turn it down? :lol2: :lol2:

 

Yes. This is how the Clinton Foundation scandal got started. It sure is going to look dirty if Michele runs for office, or is nominated for a high position in Government!

Yes. This is how the Clinton Foundation scandal got started. It sure is going to look dirty if Michele runs for office, or is nominated for a high position in Government!

 

I guess they'll just have to deal with it as it comes. I am a long time Obama supporter and likely always will be. You obviously don't like Obama. Do you really think this particular event will change either of our opinions of him?

  • Author
I guess they'll just have to deal with it as it comes. I am a long time Obama supporter and likely always will be. You obviously don't like Obama. Do you really think this particular event will change either of our opinions of him?

 

No. I've come to expect graft, corruption, and even treason from liberal office holders. To accept this, while questioning wealth from generated from running a business is morally bankrupt.

No. I've come to expect graft, corruption, and even treason from liberal office holders. To accept this, while questioning wealth from generated from running a business is morally bankrupt.

 

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

So should he turn it down? :lol2: :lol2:

 

There isn't anything wrong with taking the money it's capitalism. But it is also hypocritical after he spent 8 years making Wall Street out to be evil and bad people.

 

I'm not going to lose sleep over it because I would take the 400k as well. I just can't take any of his speeches about Wall Street serious.

 

The bigger question is why someone on Wall Street would pay someone who tried to make their lifes harder.

There isn't anything wrong with taking the money it's capitalism. But it is also hypocritical after he spent 8 years making Wall Street out to be evil and bad people.

 

I'm not going to lose sleep over it because I would take the 400k as well. I just can't take any of his speeches about Wall Street serious.

 

Wall Street is evil and full of bad people. As is the government in DC. Doesn't mean he shouldn't cash in using both.

Wall Street is evil and full of bad people. As is the government in DC. Doesn't mean he shouldn't cash in using both.

 

I think there are many more good people on Wall St than in DC but that is a different discussion.

 

Like I said I have no problem with him taking the money, I would as well. It still doesn't change the fact it makes him hypocrite. But for 400k you can call me whatever you want.

I think there are many more good people on Wall St than in DC but that is a different discussion.

 

Like I said I have no problem with him taking the money, I would as well. It still doesn't change the fact it makes him hypocrite. But for 400k you can call me whatever you want.

 

A politician is a hypocrite? Never would have seen that coming. :D :lol2:

 

And yeah, for 400K you can call me what you want too. :D

It seems to me the basis of the conversation/complaint/head scratching is:

When President Obama was in office, he publicly sided with those who were in the streets protesting (in general) the top one percent of the population in wealth and (specifically) those associated with Wall Street. All the while, the President himself was part of that top one percent. I call that inexplicable irony.

Now Mr. Obama reportedly will get nearly half-a-million dollars for a speech to these same (evil) Wall Streeters. I call that hypocrisy.

It seems to me the basis of the conversation/complaint/head scratching is:

When President Obama was in office, he publicly sided with those who were in the streets protesting (in general) the top one percent of the population in wealth and (specifically) those associated with Wall Street. All the while, the President himself was part of that top one percent. I call that inexplicable irony.

Now Mr. Obama reportedly will get nearly half-a-million dollars for a speech to these same (evil) Wall Streeters. I call that hypocrisy.

 

So let me get this right....Obama was critical of Wall Street and sided against them when the protesting against Wall Street began but yet Wall Street is offering him money to speak to them? Looks like everyone is hypocritical in this.

 

#getmoney

If Dr. Carson called me and offered me 100K to speak to at the Young Black Conservative Convention then you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll read me some Breitbart and deliver one hell of a speech. Money talks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.