Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

50/40/90 Club

Featured Replies

How many Kentucky high school players out there have hit this mark for the season? 50% or greater fg, 40% or greater 3 pt, 90% or greater ft.

 

For the 11th Region I believe Jake Duby/Sayre School was the only one (52.8% fg, 44% 3pt, 91% ft). Full disclosure; he is my son and he set that as an individual goal for the season. While discussing it recently we were wondering how many others across the state have reached those numbers.

Impressive stats....just as impressive as you disclosing that he is your son. Congrats to him on a great season.

I can't imagine there are many others, if any. Not many high school players are going to hit 90% of their free throws, much less doing it while also shooting 50% from the field and 40% on 3's.

 

By the way, I have been a Jake Duby fan for years. My son, also a senior this year, played Sayre annually and I always was impressed with Jake and his game. Does he know what he is going to do next year?

I'm with @Smallhoops. The impressive number is the 90% from the charity stripe. Congrats to your boy.

Going off the KHSAA site, only one other player shot over 90% from the line on the season. Noah Cunningham from North Hopkins.

Going off the KHSAA site, only one other player shot over 90% from the line on the season. Noah Cunningham from North Hopkins.

 

Looks like he did not hit the other two numbers.

  • Author
I can't imagine there are many others, if any. Not many high school players are going to hit 90% of their free throws, much less doing it while also shooting 50% from the field and 40% on 3's.

 

By the way, I have been a Jake Duby fan for years. My son, also a senior this year, played Sayre annually and I always was impressed with Jake and his game. Does he know what he is going to do next year?

 

He is going to USC. Not playing basketball.

He is going to USC. Not playing basketball.

 

He had a great, great year. Much to be proud of. Congratulations to both you and Jake.

I had the pleasure of watching Jake Duby in Nelson County at their tournament in 2015-16 and he was a complete joy to watch. I can't imagine there are many people who have hit those numbers in the history of high school basketball in KY.

 

Congrats to Jake and good luck in all of his future endeavors.

Jake Ohmer was close

52.7% FG

41.6% 3FG

86.0% FT

 

Pitiful, schooly should be taken away. :lol2:

 

 

Sidenote.....those are impressive numbers. :ylsuper:

  • Author
Jake Ohmer was close

52.7% FG

41.6% 3FG

86.0% FT

 

Just for fun the numbers comparison when they (Duby and Omher) played common opponents (6) looks like the following:

Omher - 24.29 ppg, 46% fg, 44% 3 pt., 95% ft

Duby - 25.33 ppg, 51% fg, 55% 3 pt., 78% ft

 

Pretty decent numbers for both young men. I had the privilege of watching Omher play a few games and came away very impressed. As for Duby, I never missed a high school game of his and wether they won or lost, I enjoyed every minute of each one.

 

Totally agree. I was there for every minute of every game my son played in his high school career. He and his teammates had their fair share of both wins and losses, but I couldn't imagine not being there for every one.

I know you mentioned that he was not playing ball at USC, but a certain sniper, former walk on, comes to mind in Cameron Mills. Is it just not an option for Jake to do this, or is his focus just simply no longer on basketball? I'm going to say this also, I bet he could take Johnny David and Cal' s boy 1 on 1 and they are walking on..

  • Author
I know you mentioned that he was not playing ball at USC, but a certain sniper, former walk on, comes to mind in Cameron Mills. Is it just not an option for Jake to do this, or is his focus just simply no longer on basketball? I'm going to say this also, I bet he could take Johnny David and Cal' s boy 1 on 1 and they are walking on..

 

He had some options to play but ultimately decided that he was just ready to move on with life and see what else is out there for him. He loves the game and thoroughly enjoyed high school basketball but as he put it, "it's something I do not who I am".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.