Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Putin's Ultimate Goal ???

Featured Replies

Mr. Putin clearly preferred Mr. Trump over Secretary Clinton. I think most of us can agree with that. Russia's meddling has Putin's fingerprints all over it. The question is... why? Why was Trump so much more favorable to him than Clinton? What is the evil man's endgame?

 

Speculate on what you think might be the Russian leader's ultimate objectives.

Trump is most preferred by most everyone, world leaders included, except maybe the folks in California and few other misguided folks...

  • Author
Trump is most preferred by most everyone, world leaders included, except maybe the folks in California and few other misguided folks...

 

So, are you are implying that Putin really has no ulterior motives? He just has a benevolent preference for Trump like most everyone else in the world? (That is so false, btw).

Trump is most preferred by most everyone, world leaders included, except maybe the folks in California and few other misguided folks...

 

Really? What were the final totals of the Americans who voted in the election?

Mr. Trump represents the sort of inward-looking nationalism that Mr. Putin does. Now, I believe in my heart of hearts that Mr. Trump has far more respect for his countrymen and for the rule of law that governs them -- and protects them -- than Mr. Putin does, but their goals align in certain respects.

 

Mr. Trump seems to believe that many of the multinational organizations we belong to or ally ourselves with are either outdated, outmoded, or sclerotic to the point of being useless. Mr. Putin finds them a constant hindrance, especially NATO and the EU. America pulling back or reigning in those organizations gives Mr. Putin a freer hand in his region.

 

At a fundamental level I think both believe that goals are achieved best through strength and willpower, rather than largesse and collaboration. That will take different forms for each of them.

 

I believe those are qualities he can respect in Mr. Trump because Putin sees them in himself, especially when contrasted with the internationalism of Mrs. Clinton.

 

I don't think it's limited to the two of them. We've seen Russia align itself with Marine Le Pen's National Front in France and other nationalist parties all across Europe.

Anyone wonder why the Mexican President backed and preferred Clinton? Mexico didn't want NAFTA reworked or cancelled, didn't want an immigration crack down...so he sided with Clinton.

 

I think both backed the canidate they feel, right or wrong, that they could work with.

Anyone wonder why the Mexican President backed and preferred Clinton? Mexico didn't want NAFTA reworked or cancelled, didn't want an immigration crack down...so he sided with Clinton.

 

Even though he probably should, in some respects. Cheap, government subsidized food in the US has really put a hurt on lots of Mexican farmers under NAFTA, but I guess we all know that what benefits small farmers rarely counts for much in policy circles.

Mr. Putin clearly preferred Mr. Trump over Secretary Clinton. I think most of us can agree with that. Russia's meddling has Putin's fingerprints all over it. The question is... why? Why was Trump so much more favorable to him than Clinton? What is the evil man's endgame?

 

Speculate on what you think might be the Russian leader's ultimate objectives.

 

Rule the World

  • Author
Rule the World

 

 

I think you're right. And I think he will try to achieve his goal by any means possible. Not a good guy in any facet.

I think you're right. And I think he will try to achieve his goal by any means possible. Not a good guy in any facet.

 

So to come full circle, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

A goal of his (not sure if it would be 'ultimate') would be and end of the petro-dollar.

Knock the United States down a few pegs and destabilize Western alliances.

 

 

Kind of off topic but some theories have Putin's wealth at 200 billion dollars. That is crazy.:eek:

Mr. Trump represents the sort of inward-looking nationalism that Mr. Putin does. Now, I believe in my heart of hearts that Mr. Trump has far more respect for his countrymen and for the rule of law that governs them -- and protects them -- than Mr. Putin does, but their goals align in certain respects.

 

Mr. Trump seems to believe that many of the multinational organizations we belong to or ally ourselves with are either outdated, outmoded, or sclerotic to the point of being useless. Mr. Putin finds them a constant hindrance, especially NATO and the EU. America pulling back or reigning in those organizations gives Mr. Putin a freer hand in his region.

 

At a fundamental level I think both believe that goals are achieved best through strength and willpower, rather than largesse and collaboration. That will take different forms for each of them.

 

I believe those are qualities he can respect in Mr. Trump because Putin sees them in himself, especially when contrasted with the internationalism of Mrs. Clinton.

 

I don't think it's limited to the two of them. We've seen Russia align itself with Marine Le Pen's National Front in France and other nationalist parties all across Europe.

 

I hate when people use words I actually have to look up. Makes me feel … inadequate. :no::lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.