Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mississippi State 66 Connecticut 64 OT (Women)

Featured Replies

Why did the UConn player try to go to the basket when they could have went for the last shot?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Miss. State. Huge upset...

 

Props to UCONN for making women's college basketball entertaining.

@Clyde, @gametime or others who might know officiating rules ... thoughts on the above questions?

 

I can't say I keep up with college rules as closely as high school but I THINK the flagrant has simply to do with contact above the shoulders. I don't think intent is required for F1.

 

No clue on replay rules.

I think is dead ball to dead ball. if they don't review it at the first dead ball, then it is play on. Sometimes though, the next dead ball is 3 to 4 minutes, but not usually at the end of the game.

Why did the UConn player try to go to the basket when they could have went for the last shot?

 

I have no idea what she was thinking...and she is the FIFTH option on that team. I am sure Geno wanted ANY of the other players to take the last second shot before her. It was stunning to see a UCONN player make such a terrible decision because they typically do not do that.

Exactly, which is why I said during the game thread its the rule thats terrible.

 

I agree that the rule is what is bad, NOT the call. They need to change the rule because this situation could have been MUCH WORSE than it turned out to be. Let's say that instead of being up 2, Mississippi St. was up 1. Let's say that the flagrant foul occurred but was not called and that UCONN did not get the ball and call time-out until there was only 4 seconds left instead of 25 seconds. Could you imagine if they called the flagrant foul and gave her 2 FT's AND UCONN the ball in that situation? So they go from down 1 to up 1 and get the ball...with ONLY 4 seconds left!?!? That would be NIGHTMARE for the sport.

 

I think the solution is that if this situation occurs in the last two minutes of the game, if the flagrant foul is called after the fact, the game goes back to THAT POINT and replay from there. Any subsequent points or fouls are wiped off the board. I think you have to do it that way late in the game because the strategy of both teams would have changed if the foul would have been called when it occurred instead of 30 seconds or a minute later.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.