Are the Bengals going into full rebuild mode?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peko, Whitworth, Zeitler, Dansby, Burkhead, Roach and Wright are gone that 7 roster spots you have to fill definitely rebuilding.

I forgot Hunt also.

Peko, Whitworth & Zeitler were expendable because the Bengals already drafted their replacements in 2015 or 2016. Bengals signed Minter, who presumably will take Dansby's spot. Burkhead was a special teams captain & 3rd string RB.

I've never heard of Roach; Wright only caught 13 passes last year for 106 yards so losing him isn't costly.

Margus Hunt had some potential but moved on. Not a big loss, either.

It seems there is more roster turnover than usual, but very few of the players would have been starting this upcoming season anyway.

Peko, Whitworth & Zeitler were expendable because the Bengals already drafted their replacements in 2015 or 2016. Bengals signed Minter, who presumably will take Dansby's spot. Burkhead was a special teams captain & 3rd string RB.

I've never heard of Roach; Wright only caught 13 passes last year for 106 yards so losing him isn't costly.

Margus Hunt had some potential but moved on. Not a big loss, either.

It seems there is more roster turnover than usual, but very few of the players would have been starting this upcoming season anyway.

Bengals will be lucky to be better than 500 next year.

Bengals will be lucky to be better than 500 next year.

What were they last year? Do you think keeping those players make them better than .500?

Ignore him. He doesn't seem to get the Bengals and his high school football team he loves are one in the same. Most years have very good regular seasons, and beat a lot of bad to average teams. But then lose once it comes to playoff time and playing top teams.

So I guess since he talks up his high school team so much, only to be disappointed. He needs to get some relief by putting down a team, that basically is similar to how the team he loves in high school does.

Which I need to take my own advice and ignore too.

I think this is more than a refresh. How many 2016 starters in total are gone now? 8? 10?

I think Dansby, Whit and Zietler are the only starters that left. Not sure if Peko was considered a starter or not.

Rey M. Only started 6 games this year.

I think this is more than a refresh. How many 2016 starters in total are gone now? 8? 10?

How many are gone that it truly hurts? Zeitler sure but the line sucked with him last year, and would have depended on how the young tackles did this year. Or else they would have sucked again with him and his huge contract.

Big Whit great leader but is 36. He eventually will hit that wall that most NFL players go through, where their play declines drastically and quickly. If they signed him back and that happened, they would have been called idiots for signing a old guy back.

As for the other ones. I feel like they will upgrade at DT with Billings over Peko. I think they will upgrade at LB with Minter and Vigil over Rey M and Fans by. William Jackson should be able to step up.

It looks like Green and Eifert should be healthy to start the season, along with Tez on defense. At the end of the day their success will come down to the play of their young tackles. Everywhere else the Bengals should be better at going into next year. The tackles spot is the big unknown on how they will do.

How many are gone that it truly hurts? Zeitler sure but the line sucked with him last year, and would have depended on how the young tackles did this year. Or else they would have sucked again with him and his huge contract.

Big Whit great leader but is 36. He eventually will hit that wall that most NFL players go through, where their play declines drastically and quickly. If they signed him back and that happened, they would have been called idiots for signing a old guy back.

As for the other ones. I feel like they will upgrade at DT with Billings over Peko. I think they will upgrade at LB with Minter and Vigil over Rey M and Fans by. William Jackson should be able to step up.

It looks like Green and Eifert should be healthy to start the season, along with Tez on defense. At the end of the day their success will come down to the play of their young tackles. Everywhere else the Bengals should be better at going into next year. The tackles spot is the big unknown on how they will do.

Will this be a draft priority, or are these players on the current roster? IMO, the Bengals need at least one, probably 2 weapons. With either Green or Eifert off the field the offense was anemic.

Will this be a draft priority, or are these players on the current roster? IMO, the Bengals need at least one, probably 2 weapons. With either Green or Eifert off the field the offense was anemic.

I believe they feel those young tackles are on the roster. They used a first and second round pick on them 2 years ago. So I believe they are going all in on them this year to see what they can do. Ced finally has an off season to train for the first time and is at his natural LT spot. Fischer for the first time will only have to focus on one spot instead of guard, tackle, te, and FB that he did the first 2 years.

I think the Bengals will add depth on the line in the mid rounds. However I do see them adding a playmaker on offense early and or a pass rushing DE.