Bengals Host Joe Mixon

Perfect headline on the Mixon story was on Paul Daugherty's column in the Sunday Enquirer.

"Bengals deserve everything they get with Mixon"

Perfect! If things go bad, then the naysayers and haters can all say I told you so. If things go well, the Bengals deserve major credit for doing their homework and taking the risk.

He of all people should have little to say about Mixon's ordeal, considering his past.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 2014, has Mixon had any other incidents of getting in trouble? If not, I would venture to say the dude learned his lesson and has "grown up."

He had an incident last fall with a parking lot attendant.

I think off the field he will be fine and wouldn't dare put himself in a position like that again. I think a lot like Burfict, I worry about keeping composure on the field now though. With Burfict on field history, teams do whatever they can to set him off. Just imagine some of things players will say and possibly do to Mixon under piles. I wonder how he will keep his composure when he is having a bad game and players are saying and doing things.

I think off the field he will be fine and wouldn't dare put himself in a position like that again. I think a lot like Burfict, I worry about keeping composure on the field now though. With Burfict on field history, teams do whatever they can to set him off. Just imagine some of things players will say and possibly do to Mixon under piles. I wonder how he will keep his composure when he is having a bad game and players are saying and doing things.

Easier said than done, but he needs to let his teammates pick those fights for him.

Why? Ray Rice was done as an NFL player when he had his incident. If he was still producing then he still would have had a job. He was averaging less than 3 yards a carry at the time of his incident so his career was over.

EXACTLY, if could've still produced somebody would've given him another chance!