March 9, 20179 yr New Jackie Slater. Probably not that good. But he is a solid, solid pick up for the Rams. He is steady and dependable
March 9, 20179 yr Probably not that good. But he is a solid, solid pick up for the Rams. He is steady and dependable I met going with the old left tackle. Slater was pretty old his final years and horrible.
March 9, 20179 yr Well it sucks losing him, but they were smart not paying what they offered. Apparently the Bengals offered 12 million for this year, but didn't want to commit to a longer deal, which imo was smart not to. With that said I thought if he left he would go to a contender. Which kind of makes me question how much he truly values winning. He did it for the money which I get it, it helps his family. However usually older players want to go where they have a better chance to win if they leave. Makes you wonder about how much he wants to win, which in my mind makes me wonder what kind of leader he really was in the lockerroom.
March 9, 20179 yr Well it sucks losing him, but they were smart not paying what they offered. Apparently the Bengals offered 12 million for this year, but didn't want to commit to a longer deal, which imo was smart not to. With that said I thought if he left he would go to a contender. Which kind of makes me question how much he truly values winning. He did it for the money which I get it, it helps his family. However usually older players want to go where they have a better chance to win if they leave. Makes you wonder about how much he wants to win, which in my mind makes me wonder what kind of leader he really was in the lockerroom. I think he had enough. He didn't like getting put at left guard. Bengals need to trade down and swap 1s and get an extra 2nd round pick and draft a guard plus a left tackle.
March 9, 20179 yr Whitworth seems like the perfect fit for Hollywood. I wish him well, I'm guessing this allows them to push for Zeitler?
March 9, 20179 yr I think he had enough. He didn't like getting put at left guard. Bengals need to trade down and swap 1s and get an extra 2nd round pick and draft a guard plus a left tackle. He has been put at left guard a total of 7 games in the last 8 years...
March 9, 20179 yr He has been put at left guard a total of 7 games in the last 8 years... All I know is I read he wasn't happy playing guard this past season when they had injuries.
March 9, 20179 yr I think he had enough. He didn't like getting put at left guard. Bengals need to trade down and swap 1s and get an extra 2nd round pick and draft a guard plus a left tackle. Plus a WR plus a CB plus a safety plus a LB. all in the top 2 rounds. Yep this is gonna be a long year.
March 9, 20179 yr Offensive line may have been the worst area on the team last year for the Bengals and was a big reason for the Bengals results last year. If they don't sign Zeitler, I will not expect a 500 season out of them. Even with Zeitler I think a 500 season is now a question mark. All that being said, that would have been a lot of money and commitment, so can't fault the Bengals and I can't fault Whitworth for taking it
March 9, 20179 yr Offensive line may have been the worst area on the team last year for the Bengals and was a big reason for the Bengals results last year. If they don't sign Zeitler, I will not expect a 500 season out of them. Even with Zeitler I think a 500 season is now a question mark. OMG I agree with VOR. Which is what makes me wonder if resigning Zeitler is the smart thing to do with the money he is demanding.
March 9, 20179 yr Years past Marvin would always say how important it is to resign your own players.That is why Marvin has never ever ever in his entire Head Coaching career in the NFL won a playoff game.
March 9, 20179 yr That is why Marvin has never ever ever in his entire Head Coaching career in the NFL won a playoff game. So he doesnt resign one and you are chastising him for it?
March 9, 20179 yr That is why Marvin has never ever ever in his entire Head Coaching career in the NFL won a playoff game. Tell us what you would do, KNOWING you work for Mike Brown and family. Certainly he doesn't do everything correctly but no one does. I'm not defending him but you seem to have the answers to everything all the time. I'm curious as to who you would have signed or let walk the last two or three years
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.