Whitworth to The Rams

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it sucks losing him, but they were smart not paying what they offered. Apparently the Bengals offered 12 million for this year, but didn't want to commit to a longer deal, which imo was smart not to.

With that said I thought if he left he would go to a contender. Which kind of makes me question how much he truly values winning. He did it for the money which I get it, it helps his family. However usually older players want to go where they have a better chance to win if they leave. Makes you wonder about how much he wants to win, which in my mind makes me wonder what kind of leader he really was in the lockerroom.

Well it sucks losing him, but they were smart not paying what they offered. Apparently the Bengals offered 12 million for this year, but didn't want to commit to a longer deal, which imo was smart not to.

With that said I thought if he left he would go to a contender. Which kind of makes me question how much he truly values winning. He did it for the money which I get it, it helps his family. However usually older players want to go where they have a better chance to win if they leave. Makes you wonder about how much he wants to win, which in my mind makes me wonder what kind of leader he really was in the lockerroom.

I think he had enough. He didn't like getting put at left guard. Bengals need to trade down and swap 1s and get an extra 2nd round pick and draft a guard plus a left tackle.

I think he had enough. He didn't like getting put at left guard. Bengals need to trade down and swap 1s and get an extra 2nd round pick and draft a guard plus a left tackle.

He has been put at left guard a total of 7 games in the last 8 years...

Plus a WR plus a CB plus a safety plus a LB. all in the top 2 rounds. Yep this is gonna be a long year.

Offensive line may have been the worst area on the team last year for the Bengals and was a big reason for the Bengals results last year. If they don't sign Zeitler, I will not expect a 500 season out of them. Even with Zeitler I think a 500 season is now a question mark.

All that being said, that would have been a lot of money and commitment, so can't fault the Bengals and I can't fault Whitworth for taking it

Offensive line may have been the worst area on the team last year for the Bengals and was a big reason for the Bengals results last year. If they don't sign Zeitler, I will not expect a 500 season out of them. Even with Zeitler I think a 500 season is now a question mark.

OMG I agree with VOR. Which is what makes me wonder if resigning Zeitler is the smart thing to do with the money he is demanding.

That is why Marvin has never ever ever in his entire Head Coaching career in the NFL won a playoff game.

Tell us what you would do, KNOWING you work for Mike Brown and family. Certainly he doesn't do everything correctly but no one does. I'm not defending him but you seem to have the answers to everything all the time. I'm curious as to who you would have signed or let walk the last two or three years