Who to Watch at the KHSAA State Tournament

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am biased (wky guy), but if you haven't seen the tandem of Cager/Johnson, they are really, really good, and they seem to be getting better. Cager averages 19 and Johnson 22 against BGP top 20 teams this season (8 games). The Fern Creek matchup is going to be a fantastic game to be at. I would make the argument they will be the best backcourt in the state next year.

Also, 7 footer Chris Vogt from Graves County changes the whole strategy for teams. Unfortunately, you will have to see him in the 1st round because they don't have the overall talent to beat Bowling Green. It will be interesting to see how Harmon handles not being able to go inside.

I am biased (wky guy), but if you haven't seen the tandem of Cager/Johnson, they are really, really good, and they seem to be getting better. Cager averages 19 and Johnson 22 against BGP top 20 teams this season (8 games). The Fern Creek matchup is going to be a fantastic game to be at. I would make the argument they will be the best backcourt in the state next year.

Also, 7 footer Chris Vogt from Graves County changes the whole strategy for teams. Unfortunately, you will have to see him in the 1st round because they don't have the overall talent to beat Bowling Green. It will be interesting to see how Harmon handles not being able to go inside.

Harmon went 6/8 from three in the region finals, so there'd be a chance that's how he handles it. But with BG, it doesn't matter how tall the trees are, they get inside. Even if they're driving and dishing to another guy at the rim.

From Northern Kentucky Cooper & Scott, the best players right now are:

Sean McNeil-Cooper

Adam Kunkel- Cooper

Jake Ohmer-Scott

Others from these teams to watch:

Nelson Perrin-Scott

Dante Hendrix- Cooper

If either of these teams are going to make a run at it, these players will have to play well.

Both teams have solid role players also, such as:

Chris McNeil-Cooper

Blaine Walters-Cooper

Brayden Runion-Cooper

Chad Ohmer- Scott

Scott and Cooper also have good coaches, Steve Fromeyer and Tim Sullivan. Sullivan is a really good one. Fromeyer in his first year as Varsity coach for Scott, and I believe he'll prove to be the real deal as well.

Great feedback. I sincerely appreciate everything that has been posted. This helps get me oriented to the kids from each team. Also good insight of which games are expected to be the best match-ups. I'll be at all games, so I will not miss any of the action.

I cant wait to see Harmon, he must be an incredible athlete.