NFL combine

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fournette comes in weighing 240. If he runs around 4.4 he will be a top 5 pick.

Fournette is interesting to me. The guy looks like the next Adrian Peterson. With that said Peterson played a lot with a qb under center and got to run down hill.

Everyone saw Elliot last year and think his impacted could be repeated. However he went to the perfect spot in Dallas. The best line in football, and then a rookie qb. So they did a lot of under center and play action stuff. Which is perfect for a young rb. Elliot goes anywhere else he still would be good but no where near what he was.

For example Fournette intrigues me with the Bengals. With that said how would he do running out of the gun and not starting down hill right away? That is one thing that killed Jeremy Hill. His rookie year the Bengals were under center and a power running team. The last 2 years they been more of a gun spread team, and he hasn't done well. Dalton as a qb is ten times better in the gun than he is under center. So not sure if Fournette would fit well with what Dalton does best which is the gun. Carolina is the only team where even them being in the gun still would be successful for Fournette.

Fournette is interesting to me. The guy looks like the next Adrian Peterson. With that said Peterson played a lot with a qb under center and got to run down hill.

Everyone saw Elliot last year and think his impacted could be repeated. However he went to the perfect spot in Dallas. The best line in football, and then a rookie qb. So they did a lot of under center and play action stuff. Which is perfect for a young rb. Elliot goes anywhere else he still would be good but no where near what he was.

For example Fournette intrigues me with the Bengals. With that said how would he do running out of the gun and not starting down hill right away? That is one thing that killed Jeremy Hill. His rookie year the Bengals were under center and a power running team. The last 2 years they been more of a gun spread team, and he hasn't done well. Dalton as a qb is ten times better in the gun than he is under center. So not sure if Fournette would fit well with what Dalton does best which is the gun. Carolina is the only team where even them being in the gun still would be successful for Fournette.

I've watched a ton of tape on Fournette for obvious reasons. Comparing him to Zeke is really difficult. Zeke was absolutely great in pass block where Fournette is just average in pass blocking. I think Fournette is a better runner. His speed/power/vision is something we havent seen since AP. Fournette is a physical freak. We will see that when he runs on Friday. I dont expect him to be in the gun. If a team drafts him they need to expect to have a full back lead block so he can get into that second level.

I've watched a ton of tape on Fournette for obvious reasons. Comparing him to Zeke is really difficult. Zeke was absolutely great in pass block where Fournette is just average in pass blocking. I think Fournette is a better runner. His speed/power/vision is something we havent seen since AP. Fournette is a physical freak. We will see that when he runs on Friday. I dont expect him to be in the gun. If a team drafts him they need to expect to have a full back lead block so he can get into that second level.

That is my worry. I think many people automatically think he will come in and do great right away like Zeke. However it will really depend on where he ends up and what their system is. Zeke went to the perfect system for him.

That is my worry. I think many people automatically think he will come in and do great right away like Zeke. However it will really depend on where he ends up and what their system is. Zeke went to the perfect system for him.

Absolutely. With Coughlin back in charge, Marrone as head coach, Jacksonville wants to get back to that power running game that they had with Fred Taylor and MJD. That's one of the few reasons I think he will be their pick. Of course it means nothing if the offensive line isn't fixed.