Ryle 60 Conner 58

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do doubt that is a 5 second violation, but right before that the Ryle player traveled. It may sound like I'm making excuses but I'm not. At the end of the Conner didn't defend the shot well enough and the kid made a great play.

Which Ryle player traveled and on which play? The kid that caught the pass on the final shot? If so, I didn't see it from that video.

So you are both of the belief that there should be consequences for the actions of #55 after game. I am not sure if there should be or not, not my decision to make. I will say that you might put yourself in his shoes and consider how you might react in that moment, keeping in mind that he is also 15-16 years old.

If there is something that needs to be addressed, I am confident that Mr. Hicks will take the appropriate action. IMO... For both of you to question his integrity, because his son is involved, is just as classy as some of the behavior that went on after the game.

I have no problem putting myself in his shoes. I would've probably lost my cool too at 15-16 yrs old and GUESS WHAT I would've gotten in trouble too. Just because you're 15-16 doesn't mean that you don't get in trouble, it just means you get a smack on the hand at this stage of life and you learn from it because you're a kid still!

I'm not saying this about that fan or #55 because I wasn't on the floor in that moment, but if you never get in trouble then you will continue to grow up and think rules don't apply to you and you'll turn out to be a punk. This world we live in with trophies for everyone and it's never anyone's fault has got to change. Way too much entitlement.

That's hilarious. You must be that guy fishing for a reaction. I didn't say anything about Jimmy or his integrity. In fact, I like him and think he's a good guy that's given many years to Conner and helping kids, but you're wearing rose colored glasses if you think you treat your child the same as you would others. Some would be harder on them at home but not in a public forum. You're going to stick up for your child because that's what you do. You need to go fishing somewhere else for a cheap shot on calling someone just as classless and bringing integrity into question.

Congrats to Coach McFarland. Extremely happy for him and his program/players.

I'm sure Coach Otte gained a lot of valuable experience in his first year as head coach that will help him moving forward. Conner's program is in great hands.

I agree, he was working those refs and I thought both coaches did well making adjustments throughout the game. Not sure of grade some of those boys were in but #42 can flat out play. He gave Ryle fits all night and that little number #10 could stroke it. Seems like Conner has some pcs to build off of especially if those 2 are underclassmen.

This altercation / confrontation discussion is unfounded. Nothing happen or should happen. This is my interpretation after looking at the video. I wasn't there, but it appeared that in the excitement of storming the court, a fan may have bumped into a player. That player reacted. The just lost a heartbreaker in the last second. Their season is over. He reacted because of that. Really not that big of a deal.

I have no problem putting myself in his shoes. I would've probably lost my cool too at 15-16 yrs old and GUESS WHAT I would've gotten in trouble too. Just because you're 15-16 doesn't mean that you don't get in trouble, it just means you get a smack on the hand at this stage of life and you learn from it because you're a kid still!

I'm not saying this about that fan or #55 because I wasn't on the floor in that moment, but if you never get in trouble then you will continue to grow up and think rules don't apply to you and you'll turn out to be a punk. This world we live in with trophies for everyone and it's never anyone's fault has got to change. Way too much entitlement.

That's hilarious. You must be that guy fishing for a reaction. I didn't say anything about Jimmy or his integrity. In fact, I like him and think he's a good guy that's given many years to Conner and helping kids, but you're wearing rose colored glasses if you think you treat your child the same as you would others. Some would be harder on them at home but not in a public forum. You're going to stick up for your child because that's what you do. You need to go fishing somewhere else for a cheap shot on calling someone just as classless and bringing integrity into question.

If I misinterpreted your comments, I am out of line with mine. To clear things up, would you mind explaining what you actually meant by your comment in post #13. "You right about #55 not getting in trouble. I forgot dad was the AD."

If I misinterpreted your comments, I am out of line with mine. To clear things up, would you mind explaining what you actually meant by your comment in post #13. "You right about #55 not getting in trouble. I forgot dad was the AD."

I know what the politically correct answer is that the AD would treat everyone the same, I also know that's not reality when it comes to your own children IMO. Again, I didn't say anything bad about Jimmy except that he was the AD and its his son. I had honestly forgot about that portion. It's a unique situation that doesn't happen very often, the AD/Parent thing. It wasn't meant to take a shot at a him or the child or Conner. Sound's like its all for nothing anyway which is good news for all parties. Fletch_F_Fletch said it didn't look like anything substantial took place on the video. I can understand the swing of emotions with one team winning and the other's season coming to an end could cause some tensions after a hard fought game and losing at the buzzer.

Very tough loss for Conner, and a great win for Ryle. Ryle had too much in the paint for Conner to handle, and really executed their interior game very well.

The energy in the gym was terrific - both schools showed up loud and proud. A much different experience than some regular season games I attended.

Good luck to Ryle against Cooper and at BB&T.