Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Delta currently grounded

Featured Replies

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/29/delta-air-lines-domestic-flights-grounded-by-automation-issues.html

 

 

Delta Air Lines U.S. domestic flights were grounded on Sunday evening due to automation issues, according to an advisory from the Federal Aviation Administration.

 

 

International flights were exempt from the halt.

 

 

Another Sunday night (maintenance window?) of IT issues.

I am taking the lovely lady to CVG in the morning at 5:30 for he 7:00 flight. Hopefully, things will be settled by then.

Happened to United last week.

Happened to United last week.

 

Yep, they got it rolling for Monday.

  • Author

Hopefully it will get cleared quickly. The backlog can be a killer.

 

I like Delta's customer focus but these IT issues make the red coats life tough.

 

Last week I walked up to an already delayed flight to SJC and just asked the attendant - "can I get on that plane?" She asked - "do you have checked baggage?". A - No. She gave thumbs up and worked around the fact my original desitinaton airport was SFO.

  • Author

They were flying just before midnight. Should be clear unless equipment got stuck where destinations curfew at night.

 

Good luck.

We flew to NYC on Delta yesterday. Luckily dodged that bullet.

The lovely lady made it to Atlanta on time. The connection to Mobile is delayed an hour. Probably be a lot of delays getting planes and crews to their needed places, as was stated earlier.

D...oesn't

E...ven

L...eave

T...he

A...irport

D...oesn't

E...ven

L...eave

T...he

A...irport

 

I believe they are 2nd best in the world at being on time out of the major airlines.

I believe they are 2nd best in the world at being on time out of the major airlines.

 

I have lots of friends that work for Delta. This is a running gag that I have with some of them. I like acronyms.

I believe they are 2nd best in the world at being on time out of the major airlines.

Correct, but a good play with the acronym

I was effected. Got to Fort Lauderdale airport at 11:15am for a 12:45pm flight bak to CVG. Had one bag to check. The counters and outside baggage claim were totally swamped, with overflow lines set up on the opposite side of the airport. Didn't come close to getting the bag checked and making the flight. Was Number 35 of 70 on standby for the next flight to Atlanta - didn't make that one, and Number 8 of 60 for the next one an hour and a half later.

 

To make a long story short, it took me 12 hours to get home, in what was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour non-stop. Brutal!

I was effected. Got to Fort Lauderdale airport at 11:15am for a 12:45pm flight bak to CVG. Had one bag to check. The counters and outside baggage claim were totally swamped, with overflow lines set up on the opposite side of the airport. Didn't come close to getting the bag checked and making the flight. Was Number 35 of 70 on standby for the next flight to Atlanta - didn't make that one, and Number 8 of 60 for the next one an hour and a half later.

 

To make a long story short, it took me 12 hours to get home, in what was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour non-stop. Brutal!

 

You fly once a year. Don't expect to be crying on my shoulder tonight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.