Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier @ UC Thoughts/Predictions

Who Wins? 15 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

UC has the better team this year. Can score at all 5 positions to go along with a top 5 defense. Whether that translates to a win...I guess we will see.

 

UC must get out to a fast start and aggressive from the tip. Xavier has took control of this game early these past few years and forced the Bearcats to fight from behind the rest of the game. If the Cats can avoid that slow start, I think they win. Massive advantage in the front court but both teams will need Clark/Bluiett to play better than last year if they want to win.

 

Interested to see if Mick goes with the m2m or matchup zone. Assume UC will get a healthy dose of the 1-3-1 but UC has shot the ball well from outside lately so Chris may want to avoid that,

 

You could be 100% correct in your assessments but due to SOS I struggle to give full credence to "top 5 defense." Maybe they are. Maybe they'll show it Thursday. But we just don't know due to their schedule.

One of the keys to this low-scoring game will be on the glass. If Xavier can continue to rebound defensively at an elite level (only allow opponent to get 22% of their misses back, 3rd in the country), and hold UC to one shot per trip, they'll hang around and keep it close. If UC is able to get a third of their own misses back, and convert a few of those for 2nd chance points, they should be fine.

I think UC is going to win the game, something like 67-60, or thereabouts, but losing to 3 top twelve teams, two on the road, is hardly "laying some eggs".

 

Hey if you cant play with the big boys maybe they should go back to a mid major conference. Thats what UC did.

I think the game is won in the paint. I'm taking UC 71-65.

I think UC is the better team at this moment of the season but who knows how that translates to the Crosstown. Games like this can go either way, rankings and all that don't always matter. Pulling for a UC win but prepared for anything.

Fun first half thus far. Bluiett has 23 and hasn't missed a shot. X in foul trouble but UC can't make FTs.

X up 44-36 at half.

 

Bluiett has 26 8/8 from floor.

 

X 10/16 from 3

 

UC 7/16 from line.

Bluiett with probably the best first half of any player in any game in college hoops this season. I went into the game wanting UC to win but thinking X probably would because I just think they are better...records deceiving due to schedule disparity. I actually was more impressed with UC than I thought I would be but X was just unconscious. I think UC comes back and makes this interesting in the second half and may well win. Can X shoot like this for an entire game??

One of the keys to this low-scoring game will be on the glass. If Xavier can continue to rebound defensively at an elite level (only allow opponent to get 22% of their misses back, 3rd in the country), and hold UC to one shot per trip, they'll hang around and keep it close. If UC is able to get a third of their own misses back, and convert a few of those for 2nd chance points, they should be fine.

 

This.

This.

 

Prescient

Xavier been laying some eggs lately, gotta go with Cincy 84-76.

 

 

Well looky here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.