Louisville’s Quentin Snider out 2-3 weeks

Pura Vida

I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy. Let's hope this gives Levitch, Hicks and McMahon some minutes they otherwise would not have had and see if any of them emerge. Hicks has experience (albeit at a much different level) and maturity, but little range. McMahon has shooting range but lacks size and struggles on the defensive end. Levitch is a mashup of some of all those things.

Additionally, maybe they try to see if Adel can play some 2 with King on the floor as the 3 (since they currently are rarely on the floor together playing the same position). Would put pressure on Mitchell at the 1, but an opportunity for him to grow as well.

Another option would be to move Adel to the 2 and just go huge with Mahmoud, Mathiang, Spalding & Johnson splitting the minutes at the 3-5 spots. Maybe Stockman gets a few minutes as well if he's healthy. None of them have the shooting ability to play the 3 like Rick normally wants, but they could really crash the boards and the defense would be LOOOOONG and tough to deal with.

Clemson (#27 in KenPom rankings) will be a challenge, but at least the game is at home. @fsu is a mountain to climb regardless. @PITt, v NCSt. & @BC is about as good as you can hope for in an ACC schedule where there are no "nights off."

If Snider misses the next three weeks, he will miss the following games:

1/19 vs. Clemson

1/21 at Florida State

1/24 at Pittsburgh

1/29 vs. NC State

2/4 at Boston College

2/6 at Virginia

2/11 vs. Miami (FL)

There are 5 tough games there. Hopefully he will be back in 2 weeks though.

If Snider misses the next three weeks, he will miss the following games:

1/19 vs. Clemson

1/21 at Florida State

1/24 at Pittsburgh

1/29 vs. NC State

2/4 at Boston College

2/6 at Virginia

2/11 vs. Miami (FL)

There are 5 tough games there. Hopefully he will be back in 2 weeks though.

The injury occurred Saturday. The BC game would be 3 weeks...

Louisville may drop some games while he's out but they will still be fine. If I were Pitino I would petition the committee to make an exception when seeding for any losses suffered while Snyder is out. After all, they are doing that for Duke, so it's really not too much to ask.

Louisville may drop some games while he's out but they will still be fine. If I were Pitino I would petition the committee to make an exception when seeding for any losses suffered while Snyder is out. After all, they are doing that for Duke, so it's really not too much to ask.

I'm good with that!