Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes vs Conner predictions

Featured Replies

Didn't see a thread for this one so I thought I'd start the discussion.

 

Holmes is coming off of a bye week which allowed them to get a little more rest and Conner is coming off of a nice win over Fern Creek.

 

While Holmes competition hasn't been that great so far, they've proved they can put some points up on the board. (averaging 42 points a game) Holmes didn't lose much from last year's team and Conner didn't get any better from last year, so I'm going to take Holmes in this one as their team speed will be too much for the Cougars.

 

I'll say: Holmes 36

Conner 13

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Holmes takes care of the ball and doesn't kill themselves with mistakes, they will win. I look for a close game. It's a big game for these 2 improved teams.

  • Author
If Holmes takes care of the ball and doesn't kill themselves with mistakes, they will win. I look for a close game. It's a big game for these 2 improved teams.

 

That has been Holmes biggest problem so far...penalties. With districts starting though I look for them to come in more focused than in their first three games.

For some reason my gut is telling me that Conner will win this one...

Didn't see a thread for this one so I thought I'd start the discussion.

 

Holmes is coming off of a bye week which allowed them to get a little more rest and Conner is coming off of a nice win over Fern Creek.

 

While Holmes competition hasn't been that great so far, they've proved they can put some points up on the board. (averaging 42 points a game) Holmes didn't lose much from last year's team and Conner didn't get any better from last year, so I'm going to take Holmes in this one as their team speed will be too much for the Cougars.

 

I'll say: Holmes 36

Conner 13

 

How has Conner NOT gotten any better from last year?

I don't quite understand that one at all . . . . . . . . . . .

 

If anything--they are much better defensively than last year. To say that Holmes is going to put on the same type of performance as last year. . . . . I am just not seeing it at this time.

 

If Holmes does win (which I don't feel)--it will be a lot closer than the predicted score.

"IF" Holmes does not commit many penalties they will win. But they prob will have many penalties.

Holmes will have penalties but if they can eliminate the presnap penalties there speed should take over this game.

I hope that happens kyffan but after watching them it's a crap shoot

  • Author
How has Conner NOT gotten any better from last year?

I don't quite understand that one at all . . . . . . . . . . .

 

If anything--they are much better defensively than last year. To say that Holmes is going to put on the same type of performance as last year. . . . . I am just not seeing it at this time.

 

If Holmes does win (which I don't feel)--it will be a lot closer than the predicted score.

 

You have your opinion, I have mine. Last year Holmes team speed killed Conner and the same exact offense is back this year. If I'm not mistaken DJ had 200 rushing yards last year and 2 or 3 td's.

 

I know you cant compare last year to this year, but IMO Holmes is much improved this year having more experience so I'm gonna say they'll beat Conner by 2 or 3 TD's...IF they don't shoot themselves in the foot with mental mistakes.

I couldn't tell you anything about last year's game, but if I were Conner I would run blitz and stack 8 guys near the line of scrimmage.

I don't think Holmes can throw the ball. They sure in the heck couldn't do anything against Holy Cross throwing the football and only seemed to run a screen pass or try to hit a receiver running long.

Conner probably will have a little revenge on their mind.

They have to be physical and wear Holmes down.

I watched the Holmes/HC game on TV and Holmes plays a lot of players both ways.

Should be a close game, because Conner has not been lighting up the scoreboard.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Last year Holmes team speed killed Conner and the same exact offense is back this year. If I'm not mistaken DJ had 200 rushing yards last year and 2 or 3 td's.

 

I know you cant compare last year to this year, but IMO Holmes is much improved this year having more experience so I'm gonna say they'll beat Conner by 2 or 3 TD's...IF they don't shoot themselves in the foot with mental mistakes.

 

Fair enough . . . .

 

And Holmes may very well be "much improved". But where I come from--a team that continues to make constant penalties (pretty much the same as last year) is not what I would describe to be "much improved". Honestly--it sounds like a whole lot of the same.

 

The talent is there . . . . . obviously. But one game sticks out in my mind: Holy Cross. The Holmes people have played the rivalry card since the loss. I don't buy that when HC scores 27 (or however many) unanswered points.

 

Conner on the other hand--is significantly improved on defense compared to last year. They are doing just enough on offense to win football games. (That would be the part that scares me as a Conner fan). I just have a feeling that they will come around.

 

So to me--the penalities show lack of improvement. With that said--I still don't see the massive improvement that some people speak of.

 

As I said before--the talent is there. I honestly have no clue who will win (remember that I said that)--but I don't think that Holmes will beat Conner by 3 td's regardless.

Holmes 28-21.

Tough game to call as Conner has played Highlands (who is very good), South Dearborn (an Indiana team we don't get to see often), and Fern Creek (a Louisville team we don't get to see often).

 

 

That said, I'll take Conner by 7 in a close one.

Fair enough . . . .

 

And Holmes may very well be "much improved". But where I come from--a team that continues to make constant penalties (pretty much the same as last year) is not what I would describe to be "much improved". Honestly--it sounds like a whole lot of the same.

 

The talent is there . . . . . obviously. But one game sticks out in my mind: Holy Cross. The Holmes people have played the rivalry card since the loss. I don't buy that when HC scores 27 (or however many) unanswered points.

 

Conner on the other hand--is significantly improved on defense compared to last year. They are doing just enough on offense to win football games. (That would be the part that scares me as a Conner fan). I just have a feeling that they will come around.

 

So to me--the penalities show lack of improvement. With that said--I still don't see the massive improvement that some people speak of.

 

As I said before--the talent is there. I honestly have no clue who will win (remember that I said that)--but I don't think that Holmes will beat Conner by 3 td's regardless.

 

 

You have to understand one thing This is the first year using this offensive scheme. Over the past few years they have basically run the pro I with no motion. this year they motion on every play. The majority of the penalties against Holy Cross were Motion, and chop blocks with a couple of personal fouls. I did Not see the Pendelton Co. game, but I understand that there were very few penalties. Regarding the Rivalry Comment. I think it did have a little to do with the game I also watched the game in person and twice on cable. As for passing, They can pass the ball. but the focus has been on the running game they had 1 passing TD called back against HC. that was for about 40 yds.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.