KHSAA Commish discusses state football venue

All Tell

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can they not guarantee locker room space? Is it an issue with the WKU equipment and the stuff for the visiting team?

If I had made it that far, and we were cramped in a hall way, I'd just keep them out on the field.

This year is the first year that Mayfield has not made it since the games moved to BG and I have all access to the field and locker rooms and have attended every year. MF has never had any locker room issues, even last year with the WKU Conf. Championship game. The visitors locker room is much smaller but by no means is it a major issue. It works for college teams just fine, its better than most all high school locker rooms and though not perfect there is plenty of room. For a large team like T they can ask the non playing members to step to the back or even into the hall or outside the door if need be. That is a minor issue and I am sure one that comes up often if T is taking that many kids to all the away games to schools high school facilities that are inferior.

On the home side if stuck in the rear hall, its not a normal small hall like what you are thinking, its huge in length and width and could easily work. If assigned here ask for tables and chairs and chalk boards ahead of time or take no chances and bring your own tables and chalk board, its a very short walk from where the buses let you off into the this hall. There are already a few chairs but kids can sit on floor if need be. Again not perfect but miles ahead of some of the facilities I have seen us play in every year at high schools.

As for getting stuck in the baseball field I cant say as we have never had to use that so I wont go there but the other 2 spots are not that big of a issue.