December 4, 20169 yr I know every time after he does one of his stupid after the plays things. The common thing people say is he has to go, we need a new LB, etc. However I don't think people realize how hard it would be to find someone as good as him. He is a top 5 backer in this league. His instincts as we seen today are incredible. It's a shame that Hill had that fumble in the playoff game, because he probably would have been the MVP that day and people would have seen how great he is. This year he is rated by people football focus going into this week as the top outside linebacker in the nfl against the run and 2nd in pass coverage. And he just keeps getting better every week since he came off that suspension. So while yes he has to quit all this extra stuff after plays, but he is someone imo that makes more plays that help that we may not even notice, than plays that hurt us. He is someone that I believe almost any team in the league would pick up in a second if we let him go. I think he is someone we definitely have to keep and just hope he matures more each year to quit the extra stuff.
December 4, 20169 yr I agree, he's one of the top LB's in the league. He has crossed the line many times in the past, but his reckless style is also what makes him so effective.
December 5, 20169 yr There is no way the Bengals should get rid of Burfict. People get emotional and tired of his antics,=. On the field he is the best we have ever had at that position. If he went on the open market, he would get intense interest. His only weakness is getting to the passer. He is not asked to a lot, but he doesn't get there when asked. So if he improves there, oh my.
December 5, 20169 yr . However I don't think people realize how hard it would be to find someone as good as him.I don't disagree with your post, however, no one ever said he'd be easy to replace physically. Not one person.
December 5, 20169 yr Author I don't disagree with your post, however, no one ever said he'd be easy to replace physically. Not one person. People seem to suggest it, every single time they say cut him. I have seen many people say it's time to cut ties with him and go draft a stud linebacker in the draft to replace him. That seems to suggest to me that some do think he would be easy to replace, and just drafting a linebacker first would fill his production. When in fact a lot of times we don't see even see many first round backers become stud backers in the league.
December 5, 20169 yr People seem to suggest it, every single time they say cut him. I have seen many people say it's time to cut ties with him and go draft a stud linebacker in the draft to replace him. That seems to suggest to me that some do think he would be easy to replace, and just drafting a linebacker first would fill his production. When in fact a lot of times we don't see even see many first round backers become stud backers in the league.They're frustrated with his issues, not frustrated with his play. With all due respect, and I love your enthusiasm, no one says he'd be easy to replace skill-wise. Drafting a stud ILB isn't an exact science, nor do they grow on trees. However, no one has ever claimed the guy isn't a boss, minus the stupidity.
December 5, 20169 yr Author They're frustrated with his issues, not frustrated with his play. With all due respect, and I love your enthusiasm, no one says he'd be easy to replace skill-wise. Drafting a stud ILB isn't an exact science, nor do they grow on trees. However, no one has ever claimed the guy isn't a boss, minus the stupidity. Agreed to disagree. The people who have said they need to let him go, I don't believe they would suggest getting rid of him, if they also realized how good he is as the rest of us. Because as you said he is a boss and is a top 5 backer in the league. Imo they must have viewed him as someone who could be replaced and not lose much. However, from a football side it would just be dumb, because you can't just replace what he brings. So I have never understood how people could suggest getting rid of him, because that would not make the team better, unless they thought he was replaceable.
December 5, 20169 yr Author Best player on your favorite team and you can't even spell his name right? Oh wow you are right, I just noticed that. Vontaze
December 5, 20169 yr Does he need to mature and quit the dumb stuff--Sure. Does he need to go--Absolutely NOT!! He's one of the bright spots on the Bengals, and I think he's learning to keep his cool better; and will continue to mature as he gets older.
December 5, 20169 yr Agreed to disagree. The people who have said they need to let him go, I don't believe they would suggest getting rid of him, if they also realized how good he is as the rest of us. Because as you said he is a boss and is a top 5 backer in the league. Imo they must have viewed him as someone who could be replaced and not lose much. However, from a football side it would just be dumb, because you can't just replace what he brings. So I have never understood how people could suggest getting rid of him, because that would not make the team better, unless they thought he was replaceable. I agree with spindoc. I don't think anyone who said or says get rid of him believes he would be easily replaced on the field. Just like people wanted to get rid of Chad Johnson because of his antics when he was one of the best WR in the NFL. It is all about the locker room, not because Burfict is replaceable. People think his on field antics and undisciplined play are bad for the team. It is good to see him get better each week as he plays himself into condition. He is finally playing like the stud LB we saw last year.
December 5, 20169 yr I agree with spindoc. I don't think anyone who said or says get rid of him believes he would be easily replaced on the field. Just like people wanted to get rid of Chad Johnson because of his antics when he was one of the best WR in the NFL. It is all about the locker room, not because Burfict is replaceable. People think he is a negative attitude and undisciplined which is bad for the team. Not heard that he is negative in the locker room. He also has zero off field stuff. His problems are game after the play and sometimes extra physical stuff during play that is the issue. I think his teammates pretty much like him. He is supposedly pretty laid back personally off the field.
December 5, 20169 yr Not heard that he is negative in the locker room. He also has zero off field stuff. His problems are game after the play and sometimes extra physical stuff during play that is the issue. I think his teammates pretty much like him. He is supposedly pretty laid back personally off the field. Clarification - Burfict's undisciplined play and on field antics are bad for the team, not attitude.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.