Trinity 56 Oldham County 0

All Tell

Me too PR. We got a lot of players in the game. Valuable experience for down the road.

Glad to hear it. I actually felt bad for the kids playing for OCHS in this one. At no point in time during this game did it ever look like there was a remote possibility of them having a chance.

OC was more lifeless than any team I've seen enter Jansing Field. They were defeated before the toss. Pretty good numbers, pretty good size but they just didn't seem to want to play. Their freshmen had twice as much spirit as the varsity. I hope coach Oldham can light a fire under these guys.

Anybody have stats?

OLDHAM COUNTY... TRINITY

Score 0... 56

First Downs 6... 18

Rushes-Yards (Net) 30-61... 23-160

Passing Yards (Net) 33... 235

Passes Att-Comp-Int 16-5-2... 18-13-0

Total Offense Plays-Yards 46-94... 41-395

Fumble Returns-Yards 0-0... 0-0

Kickoff Return-Yards 1-54... 1-24

Interception Returns-Yards 0-0... 2-24

Punts (Number-Avg) 7-23.9... 0-0

Fumbles-Lost 0-0... 0-0

Penalties-Yards 8-80... 6-50

Possession Time 29:32... 18:28

OC was more lifeless than any team I've seen enter Jansing Field. They were defeated before the toss. Pretty good numbers, pretty good size but they just didn't seem to want to play. Their freshmen had twice as much spirit as the varsity. I hope coach Oldham can light a fire under these guys.

I was impressed with the number of kids that Coach Oldham has been able to get out. I know they are running with a lot of underclassmen right now. In fact I seem to recall being told by a former coach when I did my student teaching there that last year's senior class had all the talent and that the next two classes were pretty bare. Now their freshmen last year looked like they had potential and I think they could improve but they need some more spirit than they had tonight.

I agree with you LSU, there was no fire and no hope on the OCHS sidelines tonight.

WOW Trinity is the Real Deal.

Don't go branding us that good just yet. After watching this game I came away very unimpressed with Oldham right now. They were listless and did not execute well at all. The seemed to move with no purpose and were going through the motions. Our play may have had something to do with it, but still I wouldn't crown us as the top team in 4A until we see how we have improved on 9-22.

With Trinity not even having to punt one time, I hope no college coaches were there to watch Tydlacka punt (although he sure did get a lot of placekicking practice). :D

Sounds like it was a great game to get the Rocks offense in gear, which I'm sure will get even more exercize next week against Southern.

With Trinity not even having to punt one time, I hope no college coaches were there to watch Tydlacka punt (although he sure did get a lot of placekicking practice). :D

Sounds like it was a great game to get the Rocks offense in gear, which I'm sure will get even more exercize next week against Southern.

Our kickoff coverage team though may be getting a little rusty.

Nick improved quite a bit although he still rocketed some hard ones a tad too high. More importantly, I believe, was that his receivers seem to have gained confidence in both running routes and catching the ball. I still maintain that T is a work in progress and can be a very serious title threat when all is said and done. Also, don't forget about RB Tim Phillips. He is doing a great job - had a beautiful 80-yard run called back last night.

Nick improved quite a bit although he still rocketed some hard ones a tad too high. More importantly, I believe, was that his receivers seem to have gained confidence in both running routes and catching the ball. I still maintain that T is a work in progress and can be a very serious title threat when all is said and done. Also, don't forget about RB Tim Phillips. He is doing a great job - had a beautiful 80-yard run called back last night.

I really would not have expected a 5'5 180 pound back to be that good for the Rocks, let alone as a sophmore. The more I watch him play the more I like him.