Track the NHL 2016-17

swamprat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky bum! Help them to get another win, swampy!

Hey looky!!! The Bolts I know and love finally showed up for this one.

Tampa Bay 5 LA 0

Ben Bishop fought off 19 shots on goal in the first period. His teammates then decided to play defense and LA only got 9 shots to him the rest of the game.

The Lightning only got 21 shots on goal in the game, themselves, but got 5 of them past Peter Budaj.

Kuch almost got himself a hat trick. The team was doing all it could the 3rd period to set him up.

I love it when I get to be part of the Thunder. Nothing better than live hockey.

Hey looky!!! The Bolts I know and love finally showed up for this one.

Tampa Bay 5 LA 0

Ben Bishop fought off 19 shots on goal in the first period. His teammates then decided to play defense and LA only got 9 shots to him the rest of the game.

The Lightning only got 21 shots on goal in the game, themselves, but got 5 of them past Peter Budaj.

Kuch almost got himself a hat trick. The team was doing all it could the 3rd period to set him up.

I love it when I get to be part of the Thunder. Nothing better than live hockey.

It was great to see Bishop playing like he did the last two seasons! I would have loved to see Kucherov get the hat trick!

You got to see a great game live, but then to me, any Lightning game is great live.

• 1 month later...

Just 7 games left. Tampa Bay beat the Blackhawks 5-4 in overtime this evening. The Islanders lost to Nashville.

The Bolts are now just one game behind Boston, for the last Wildcard spot and 2 behind Toronto for 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They host Detroit Thursday night.

Boston hosts Nashville tomorrow night. Go Preds!!!!

Florida is in Toronto tomorrow, too. The Panthers will probably toss the game just to spite Tampa Bay. Miami is like that. ;)

How about the Tampa Bay Lightning? Don't look now but they are knocking on the door for a Wild Card. They looked left for dead last night when Chicago scored to go up 4-1. They played with reckless abandon and won it in OT. That OT period was phenomenal to watch.

Looks like the Bolts aren't going to get any help. Thanks Nashville. :irked: I hate everything Miami. :poop:

Tampa Bay plays in Boston a week from tonight and in Toronto two days later. The Lightning need to at least keep pace with the Bruins and the Leafs. They also need to take both of those games. That would still leave them 2 behind the Maple Leafs, though. Come on Nashville restore my faith Thursday night.

Looks like the Bolts aren't going to get any help. Thanks Nashville. :irked: I hate everything Miami. :poop:

Tampa Bay plays in Boston a week from tonight and in Toronto two days later. The Lightning need to at least keep pace with the Bruins and the Leafs. They also need to take both of those games. That would still leave them 2 behind the Maple Leafs, though. Come on Nashville restore my faith Thursday night.

Boston, Toronto and Tampa Bay have played great hockey over the last 10 games. One of these teams are due to stub their toe. My guess would be it's Toronto. IMO, they have the toughest stretch of games remaining out of the 3 teams. I'm pulling hard for Tampa Bay to get in and hopefully see Stamkos make a return in the playoffs, even though that probably won't happen.