Track the NHL 2016-17

swamprat

Canucks 5 Lightning 1

Ben Bishop gave up the first 3 goals on only 12 shots, and gave up 4 in 20. He's been awful every game I have seen him in this year. I suspect he has not recovered completely from his knee injury from last season, at least mentally. Whatever is bothering him, he should not be seeing the ice right now.

Tampa Bay out shot Vancouver 41-30, but only managed 1 goal against Ryan Miller. I don't think anybody thought this team would miss Steven Stamkos the way they have. They can't get the puck in the net at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 30 games into the season...

The Blue Jackets (23-5) are now at 50 points, leading the Metropolitan Division and leading the NHL. Pittsburgh trails Columbus by 1 point, the Rangers are 3 points back.

Canada is back. The Habs lead the Atlantic over Ottawa by 3 points, Boston by 6.

Washington and Philadelphia are tied in the Wildcard race in the East.

The Central Division's top 3 are Chicago, Minnesota, and St. Louis in that order.

San Jose, Edmonton, and Anaheim top the Pacific.

LA and Calgary are tied in the Western Conference Wild Card race. Nashville is 3 points behind them.

About 30 games into the season...

The Blue Jackets (23-5) are now at 50 points, leading the Metropolitan Division and leading the NHL. Pittsburgh trails Columbus by 1 point, the Rangers are 3 points back.

Canada is back. The Habs lead the Atlantic over Ottawa by 3 points, Boston by 6.

Washington and Philadelphia are tied in the Wildcard race in the East.

The Central Division's top 3 are Chicago, Minnesota, and St. Louis in that order.

San Jose, Edmonton, and Anaheim top the Pacific.

LA and Calgary are tied in the Western Conference Wild Card race. Nashville is 3 points behind them.

The Blue Jackets have really turned it around. I need the Lightning to get back in the groove, they look completely different from last season.

In a week with the Winter Classic, the most compelling game of the week will oddly be Saturday evening, when the Wild and the Blue Jackets face off in Columbus.

Can't believe that I live in a world where those are the two hottest teams in the NHL, but both squads have played out of their minds in December and are absolutely scalding hot.

In a week with the Winter Classic, the most compelling game of the week will oddly be Saturday evening, when the Wild and the Blue Jackets face off in Columbus.

Can't believe that I live in a world where those are the two hottest teams in the NHL, but both squads have played out of their minds in December and are absolutely scalding hot.

The Jackets are getting ready to win their 14th in a row, up 4-1 on Jets in the 3rd period, only 3 away from the NHL record. The Wild are trying to win their 12th straight, but are tied with the Islanders in the third 4-4.

Columbus 4 Minnesota 2 in a game that had a playoff atmosphere in St. Paul.

The Wild's winning streak ends at 12 games. The Blue Jackets extend their winning streak to 15 games, tying the 1981-82 Islanders and 2012-13 Penguins for the second longest in NHL history.

USA wins the World Junior Junior Championship.

The game was in Montreal. Talk about a hostile crowd. They booed every time the US touch ed the puck. Great game!!!

I loved the kids singing the National Anthem at the end, badly done as it was.

USA wins the World Junior Junior Championship.

The game was in Montreal. Talk about a hostile crowd. They booed every time the US touch ed the puck. Great game!!!

I loved the kids singing the National Anthem at the end, badly done as it was.

I can't wait to watch that full game as soon as I find it. Love watching the juniors; great event every year.

• 2 weeks later...

Going 9-0-1 in their last 10 games, the Washington Capitals have caught the Columbus Blue Jackets in point for the lead in the Metropolitan Division. The Blue Jackets currently have the tie breaker by a half game in the win column. Pittsburgh is 5 points back in third.

Montreal has a 9 point lead in the Atlantic Division over 2nd place Boston. Toronto has moved into the top 3 a point behind the Bruins.

The New York Rangers have a firm grasp on the top Eastern Conference Wildcard spot, 7 points ahead of Ottawa, who is currently holding the second Wildcard spot.

Last year's playoff teams, Florida, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Philadelphia, and the NY Islanders are all on the outside looking in at the moment. Philadelphia is the closest to the Wildcard, tied with Ottawa, but trailing in wins. Florida is 2 points out of playoffs and Tampa Bay is a point behind them. Detroit is 6 points behind Ottawa and Toronto, the Islanders are 8 points out.

Minnesota and Chicago are tied at the top of the Central Division. St. Louis is 10 points behind, in third.

The Anaheim Mighty Ducks have a 5 point lead in the Pacific Division over Edmonton. San Jose is a point back for third place.

Calgary leads the Western Conference Wildcard race, with LA and Vancouver tied for the #2 spot. 2016 playoff team, Nashville is a point out with Dallas, last years Central Division winner, a point behind them.

Colorado is only 13-28-1, which tallies to 27 points. The worst team in the NHL this season.

We're a little over half way through the season. Lots of hockey to be played.

• 2 weeks later...