Track the NHL 2016-17

swamprat

Anyone see an upset special in the making for the playoffs? I see no reason why the Rangers can't run the table on their side of the bracket in the east and reach the Stanley Cup Finals as a wild card. If they make it to the Eastern Conference Finals, they'll be playing a beat up team (who went through a mine field to get to the ECF) and may have an edge. I'm liking Edmonton a lot as a dark horse to come out of the West and take out Chicago. I guess I'll go with the following predictions:

Eastern Conference Finals:

New York Rangers

Washington Capitals

Western Conference Finals:

Chicago Blackhawks

Edmonton Oilers

Stanley Cup Finals:

Edmonton Oilers

Washington Capitals

Washington wins in 6

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much of the playoffs is about which goalie gets red-hot at the right time. There's a lot of chance there.

Gut feeling is that Washington and Chicago hold serve, but there's always a surprise.

Still, even with that said, give me the Capitals over the Blackhawks in 7.

The Caps have never won a Stanley Cup and they've only appeared in one Cup finals series, 1998. They're way overdue for one. However, they won the President's Cup last year, too, and bowed out in the second round to the Penguins. The same thing could happen again this year, depending on who wins in the first round among the other teams. Alexander Ovechkin is running out of time, though he still is Ovechkin. It's all on Holtby.

I'd like to see the Blue Jackets do something, but they have a tall order with the Pens right off the bat. I will always have soft spot in my heart for Torts.

Even though they lost their last 2 games, Boston has been really hot of late. I like them over Ottawa in the first round.

I know it's hard to repeat, but Pittsburgh is still the favorite, from my point of view.

The West is a crap shoot for me, but I still have a hard time going against Cory Crawford in the playoffs.

I was happy to see Nashville steal one from Chicago. I'm seeing a few analysts are predicting the upset. That would be fun and completely open up the race in the Western Conference. I'm hoping to see the Oilers rebound and take down the Sharks. If they can make it to round 2, I like their chances to be in the Finals. They are so fun to watch.