Track the NHL 2016-17

swamprat

Toronto gets an empty netter with 36 seconds left and wins the game 3-1. :cry:

Toronto with 89 points, Boston 87, and Tampa Bay 85. Carolina is right there, too, with 84.

BTW, the Lightning won tonight without the services of Nikita Kucherov. He was scratched before the game with some sort of illness. Hope he's back on Saturday when they host the Habs. They are going to need him for that one.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The West is pretty much decided as far as who will be in the playoffs. The only unknown there is who will be the wild cards. At the moment, the East has a much more exciting playoff race. Carolina and Tampa Bay have been a force lately and are desperately trying to grab that final wild card spot. Will Boston or Toronto hold them off? The next 9 days will be very exciting.

The Bolts need big time help, now. Boston won last night and the Lightning lost to the Canadians in OT at Amalie Arena. Boston went 4 up on Tampa Bay. Need 2 points to not one. Toronto beat Detroit 5-4, but Ottawa lost to Winnipeg

This evening the Bolts upended the Dallas Stars 6-3, but the Bruins beat the Blackhawks 3-2 in Chicago. Toronto and Ottawa did not play.

Boston is now in second place in the Atlantic with 92 points. Toronto has the tie break on Ottawa, but both have 91 points and both play tomorrow night. Tampa Bay is at 88 and play at Boston Tuesday night.

Something to consider, Boston only has 3 games left, while the Lightning have 4. If the Bolts win Tuesday, the best Boston can do is 96 points. The best Tampa could do would also be 96 points.

Toronto and Ottawa both have 5 games left. If both win out, each will have 101 points. One of them is going to have to lose 3 games for the Lightning to have a chance at them. Tampa can help their cause Thursday, when they play in Toronto.

I'm pulling for the Bolts but it's looking bleak. I really thought Toronto had the best chance to stumble but what do I know? As hot as Boston has been, their remaining games are against other teams who have something to play for: Tampa Bay, Ottawa and Washington (all at home). It's not out of the realm of possibilities that Boston could go 0-3 in their remaining games and miss out on the playoffs.

Boston 4 Tampa Bay 0. The Bolts are not dead, yet, but the pulse is weak.

The best the Lightning can do is win their last 3 games and get 6 points. 94 total. Boston already has 94 and I believe they have the tie breaker over TB. Ottawa has 92 points, but is beating the Red Wings at the moment. Toronto has 93 points, and is trailing Washington 3-0. Tampa Bay is in Toronto Thursday night for the Bolts last gasp.

Have you seen the leaked photos of the Vegas Golden Knights proposed uniforms? LED lights on the sleeves? How is that exactly kosher with the NHL? [ATTACH=CONFIG]61143[/ATTACH]

They had UCF's name and colors. I instantly hate them. :D

I'm really more concerned about who they will take from the Lightning in the expansion draft. I know they cannot go after Stamkos or Kuch, but they can take some core players like Callahan or Kilorn. I don't like this at all.

Everyone is in the same boat. Some good, young talent will be migrating to the desert. I hated to see the Lightning crap the bed last night against the B's. That game meant everything and now I'm afraid they'll be playing golf next week. With that being said, selfishly, I'd like to see the Leafs stay put as a wild card and face the Capitals in a 7 game series. I think they'd have a puncher's chance.

They had UCF's name and colors. I instantly hate them. :D

I'm really more concerned about who they will take from the Lightning in the expansion draft. I know they cannot go after Stamkos or Kuch, but they can take some core players like Callahan or Kilorn. I don't like this at all.

And who goes with Knights/Golden Knights/Desert Knights or whatever was considered? Your Vegas, for crying out loud! You couldn't come up with something more appropriate like the Las Vegas Chaos or Las Vegas Danger? :banana:

The Bolts are still alive after beating Toronto 4-1, this evening. This leaves the Lightning 3 points behind the Maple Leafs for the last unclaimed playoff spot.

Toronto has to lose one of their last 2 games and do no better than an overtime loss in the other. They play in Pittsburgh, Saturday night, and host the Blue Jackets on Sunday. If the Maple Leafs win either those games, it's over.

The Islanders are in play, too, also 3 points behind Toronto. They are in New Jersey, Saturday, and host Ottawa on Sunday.

Tampa Bay is in Montreal, Saturday, and hosts Buffalo on Sunday.

Tampa Bay took care of business Friday night, but the penguins failed to beat Toronto last night. The Bolts end their season today against the Buffalo Sabres at Amalie. The Lightning had a nice comeback from the disaster of the first half of the season, but came up short.

Tampa Bay took care of business Friday night, but the penguins failed to beat Toronto last night. The Bolts end their season today against the Buffalo Sabres at Amalie. The Lightning had a nice comeback from the disaster of the first half of the season, but came up short.

I was disappointed to see them fall short because they were finally starting to play better with what they had.