2 constitutional amendments needed...

All Tell

Coming out of the election those unhappy with the results now seem to want 2 things, term limits for Congress and elimination of the Electoral College.

Both measures would require amending the Constitution.

I agree with term limits but not eliminating the Electoral College. Any chance either happens?

I say no.

Coming out of the election those unhappy with the results now seem to want 2 things, term limits for Congress and elimination of the Electoral College.

Both measures would require amending the Constitution.

I agree with term limits but not eliminating the Electoral College. Any chance either happens?

I say no.

My plan would be term limits of 12 consecutive years for Senators and Congressman. They then need to get back into the real world and get in touch with the reality of American life for 6 years. They can then run again. The problem with the system is lifetime politicians are not in touch with reality.

The EC is more representative of our country. We are the United States of America. All states have different issues and problems. I believe the EC gives a better representation of the needs of the country.

My plan would be term limits of 12 consecutive years for Senators and Congressman. They then need to get back into the real world and get in touch with the reality of American life for 6 years. They can then run again. The problem with the system is lifetime politicians are not in touch with reality.

The EC is more representative of our country. We are the United States of America. All states have different issues and problems. I believe the EC gives a better representation of the needs of the country.

If they're allowed to run again, then a lot of those folks will spend those off years working as lobbyists or sitting on the boards of companies that have a great deal of business before Congress (telecoms providers, weapons manufacturers etc.).

If they're allowed to run again, then a lot of those folks will spend those off years working as lobbyists or sitting on the boards of companies that have a great deal of business before Congress (telecoms providers, weapons manufacturers etc.).

True. Lets make this 6 years then. Trump proposes five-year ban on executive branch officials and lawmakers who want to become lobbyists - The Washington Post

I want 3 amendments and I voted for trump.

I. Term limits on congress with a ban on working as a lobbyist in between and after.

II. Electoral votes in the states are split and awarded to the winner in each congressional district and then 2 proxy senate seat votes go to the winner of the state overall.

III. Federal balanced budget requirement.

Edited by Iam4thecats

I have a 4th very controversial amendment that I would also like to do. It would have eliminated trump from the presidency however.

To be president you must meet one of the following qualifications

Former state governor

Former general in the us military (probably even limit it to 4 stars)

Former house or senate majority or minority leader/whip

Former secretary of state, secretary of defense.

I think you should actually have to have a track record that people can look at. A track record of having been a leader of a large organization related to government.

It is a shame we can't term limit the media too.

I have a 4th very controversial amendment that I would also like to do. It would have eliminated trump from the presidency however.

To be president you must meet one of the following qualifications

Former state governor

Former general in the us military (probably even limit it to 4 stars)

Former house or senate majority or minority leader/whip

Former secretary of state, secretary of defense.

I think you should actually have to have a track record that people can look at. A track record of having been a leader of a large organization related to government.

I like your other ideas. My biggest complaint about this one is it shrinks the pool of potential Presidents dramatically. Just off of the top of my head neither Truman, Kennedy, Lincoln, Bush (W) nor Obama would be qualified under this plan.

I'm OK with the electoral college. I don't want big cities deciding too many things. They tend to screw up things a bit too much.

I'm all for term limits.

What if the rural areas screw up thing for the big cities?? Do the non city dwellers have all the right answers for everything?? Why let the cities vote at all??

I like your other ideas. My biggest complaint about this one is it shrinks the pool of potential Presidents dramatically. Just off of the top of my head neither Truman, Kennedy, Lincoln, Bush (W) nor Obama would be qualified under this plan.

If people who dream of being president know the new requirements going in they may zig or zag a little different along the way. George W was governor of Texas by the way. Obama could certainly have risen to democrat senate leadership if it was important to him and the dems at the time.

It's good in theory, but telling people what they can and can't do after leaving office sounds like the type of government overreach that we'd have a big problem with normally. It's a bit much for me.