November 9, 20169 yr As a sub-topic, what about the state level now that Stumbo is out? The statewide party is currently decimated. Whatever rising young Democrats didn't suddenly find themselves out of government thanks to Conway's disastrous bid for governor last year were finally shuffled out the door with Secretary Clinton. There's a lot to put back together. Adam Edelen was doing a great job as state auditor and would've been on my short list for a big race but he got swept away last year (Conway) and it'll be interesting to see if he can get back into things. Sannie Overly was on the Conway ticket but is still in the House and I'll be curious to see if she runs for something else. She was rumored to be considering a run against Andy Barr in the Kentucky 6th before agreeing to be on the Conway ticket. Time will tell.
November 9, 20169 yr Forgot about him. Didn't he start some kind of political thing? Yep. It's called the New Kentucky Project. He started it earlier this year with the aforementioned Adam Edelen.
November 9, 20169 yr Yep. It's called the New Kentucky Project. He started it earlier this year with the aforementioned Adam Edelen. I'm guessing it has lost much of its momentum.
November 9, 20169 yr Possibly. I just think he is one who could appeal to more groups than the current Democratic Leadership. The problem is, the Democratic Party's method of selecting a presidential candidate is not Democratic at all. Due to Super Delegates, the candidate is determined by party power brokers rather than the groups you mention. So a Warner type who would appeal to Democrats as a whole could very possibly get passed over for a candidate who better fits the more left mold the king makers want.
November 9, 20169 yr I knew the democrats were in trouble in KY when Grimes lost 'bigly' (I guess we need to start using that word now) to McConnell. I didn't think the dems were in this much trouble on a national level.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.