Mercer County vs. Rockcastle County Predictions (4A Round 2)

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Mercer County
    • Rockcastle County

If this game was played back about 6 or 7 game ago I would go with the Rock. But now with the emerging of Faulkner on defense and offense I am rethinking it. Mercer is 5-2 with Faulkner and 2-2 without. Granted he has only 6 catches but 3 have been for TDs. I think with his play it has help open it up for Tanner Robins and the running game. I am going to go with Mercer in this one but it will be a good game to watch.

Mercer 31

Rockcastle 28

If this game was played back about 6 or 7 game ago I would go with the Rock. But now with the emerging of Faulkner on defense and offense I am rethinking it. Mercer is 5-2 with Faulkner and 2-2 without. Granted he has only 6 catches but 3 have been for TDs. I think with his play it has help open it up for Tanner Robins and the running game. I am going to go with Mercer in this one but it will be a good game to watch.

Mercer 31

Rockcastle 28

Trevon's impact on defense has been unreal. He is 1 interception away from tying the school record for interceptions in a season and only played in 7 games. He makes the team a lot better on both sides of the ball.

I'm interested in this game, but don't know a ton on either team.

My guess is that Rockcastle should win, but not by alot.

Correct?

I am leaning toward Rock by no more than a couple scores...

Mercer went down 47-23 to Wayne County who had that great OT loss to Rock, if that gives any indication.

Rock's only blemish was a loss to Pulaski County where they kind of missed their shot. Rock had plenty of chances in that game and fumbled them away and let Pulaski get some big plays late to stretch it out.

Rock should win the L.O.S., but Mercer should get some big plays because they have better athletes. Mercer might be able to steal some points in Special Teams as well.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 10

I am leaning toward Rock by no more than a couple scores...

Mercer went down 47-23 to Wayne County who had that great OT loss to Rock, if that gives any indication.

Rock's only blemish was a loss to Pulaski County where they kind of missed their shot. Rock had plenty of chances in that game and fumbled them away and let Pulaski get some big plays late to stretch it out.

Rock should win the L.O.S., but Mercer should get some big plays because they have better athletes. Mercer might be able to steal some points in Special Teams as well.

If I were putting a point spread on this I would say Rock would be hovering in the 9.5-10.5 point favorite area

Mercer is scoring 31 pts a game and allowing 20 while Rock is scoring 38 pts a game and allowing 15. Mercer is scoring 7 less than the Rock but allowing 5 more and that adds up to about 12. I know thats not how they do that but thats what I have come up with. Plus this game is played at Mt. Vernon so that would add a little more.

Before Faulkner was playing Mercer was scoring on a average of 30.5 points a game. That's about the same as with him. They were allowing 25 pts a game without him and now 20 a game. Mercer is more balanced on the O side of the ball with over 2100 yards rushing and 1600 passing. The Rock is rushing for over 2700 yards and passing for over 980. If Mercer can pass the ball and slow down the Rocks running game then they can win.

To me, Rock is the better team. I honestly believe the reason they defeated Knox Central it's because Knox Central had basically given up on the season. Also, Knox Central was never the same team after they lost their RB.

I will give Mercer County the respect that is due them by singing the game will be close. However anyone that has played Rockcastle County this season will attest to the fact that in basically every game they have won the line of scrimmage. it is very difficult to be any team that beat you at the line. I agree with one poster on here who said that Rock should win but that Mercer County will get some big plays.

MC - 21

Rock - 28

I'm going to predict a big game from Aaron Johnson, Tanner Robins and Trevon Faulkner catching the ball in this one. If these guys have success, I think Mercer county pulls the upset.

Mercer - 32

Rock - 28

TOOOOOO COOOOOOLD. Mercer will drop more than they catch.

Rock runs wild.

TOOOOOO COOOOOOLD. Mercer will drop more than they catch.

Rock runs wild.

The weather is not really that cold. These are highschool kids, not old men who's bones hurt when the thermometer sinks below 60! There may be a few drops, but it would surprise me if the Rock runs wild!

I'll admit I'm a homer thru and thru, but there are too many big playmakers too assume Mercer can't play with these guys. IMO, Mercers linebacking core will have something to say about Rock's run game! Should be fun!