Williamsburg vs. Oneida Tn.

volfan782000

Williamsburg continues their Tennessee portion of the schedule this week against the Onieda Indians. Alumni Weekend in the 'Burg will bring out a huge crowd for the game. Onieda is a well coached power football team. The pass happy Jackets have been playing pretty good defense the past 2 games with some surprising play on the part of Freshman Dusty Brown (3 ints in 3 games). Charlie Bryant had a huge game against McCreary and may have found his home at D end (3 sacks I think against McCreary). Aaron Root has been his steady self, an interception and fumble recovery against the Raiders, and is averaging in the 12 to 15 tackles per game range. The biggest improvement in the d has been the play of Elias Abner(75 yard fumble return for td) and Tyler Rollins. Chase Hamlin Broke out huge on offense with 4 tD catches against McCreary, And Frazier seems to be making better decisions with the ball.Will Moses has also been catching the ball well, and Root is proving to be much more than 3 and a cloud of dust out of the fullback Position, and is showing great hands catchng the ball. I look for the 'Burg to have too many weapons and too much speed for the Indiands....Jackets 34 Indians 14.

well this game is going to be great! One team loves to hit and run the ball while the other team uses a gimmic offense! I will pull for the Jackets because it is non-district game.:sleep:

I just believe that in the offense the 'burg runs it makes them passive when it comes to hitting. It is a pretty offense, but as we say up in the mountains, it does not have much meat and potatos. Especially, when Williamsburg always seems to lay down!

Saying all of that I think the Jackets will win their last game of the season Friday Night!!!

Jackets 28

Onieda 21

Does anyone know what Oneida lost from last year, or are we just speculating year vs year? If they did'nt lose much from last year, I'm going with the Indians. Williamsburg did not react well to the very physical Indians last year and lost. If they are rebuilding, look for Williamsburg to take it. Did anyone see Oneida vs McCreary? I understand that the Raiders held them to 46 rushing yards in the first half. Last year Oneida had a fullback that pretty much just ran over anyone in orange and blue, but judging from the McCreary game with them, he is gone.

Does anyone know what Oneida lost from last year, or are we just speculating year vs year? If they did'nt lose much from last year, I'm going with the Indians. Williamsburg did not react well to the very physical Indians last year and lost. If they are rebuilding, look for Williamsburg to take it. Did anyone see Oneida vs McCreary? I understand that the Raiders held them to 46 rushing yards in the first half. Last year Oneida had a fullback that pretty much just ran over anyone in orange and blue, but judging from the McCreary game with them, he is gone.

I'm pretty sure Williamsburg beat Oneida last year at their place 13-7.

McCreary lost by 14 at Oneida, Williamsburg bean McCreary by 33 at McCreary. This one is at Williamsburg, I say Jackets 42-20. Mr. Fundamental, I'm not a Jacket fan but I've seen them play the last 2 years and they do not have gimmic offense nor do they lay down. The fact that most of the mountain teams favor the "meat and potatoes" smash-mouth, no imagination running game that you praise is the main reason that they traditionally fail at the state level. (except on the habitually weak 2A front where a well-armed boy scout troop could reach the finals).

after being at both the Raiders games against Onieda and Williamburg. If Williamsburg can stop the run, and they can throw the ball as they have been, then williamsburg wins this game and prehaps wins big. You just don't know what Indian team will show up, the Indians don't seem to throw the ball very well. The Indians will be ready to hit you and hit you hard so be ready Burg.

Williamsburg by 10 playing at home.

My bad. It was Cloudland, TN that had the kid that ran all over the Burg after the Oneida game. 24-10. (I had my unknown TN teams mixed up.) Why are they not on the schedule this year? Have they already played twice or was last year some kind of bowl game? After this late breaking news, I'll go with Williamsburg.