Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

National League is Boring

Featured Replies

Used to love National League playoff ball games with speed, defense, hitting the gaps, occasional long ball, bunting a guy over, good relief pitching, pinch hitters etc..........

 

Now the starting pitching is so good.................or the hitting is so bad.......take your pick............I feel like I can skip the first 7 innings and not miss anything. Or if something does happen in the first 3 innings the game then seems to go into a lull.

 

American League games seem like more runners on, more hitting, more plays being made in the field.

 

Am I crazy?

LOTS of variables in each game. Depends on who's pitching, who's slumping or hot, who's playing hurt, the ballpark, weather, play-off experience, etc. And of course the junior league has the DH, which will be in both leagues sooner than later in my opinion.

There are folks, not saying that frankdracman23 does, that want reality like a video game. They need constant action no matter what. I mean there's so much crap plastered and scrolling on the screen of a ballgame broadcast that sometimes I feel like I'm having to watch the game through high weeds. But, again, that's the opinion of an old school baby boomer. I'll get out of the way now.

  • Author
There are folks, not saying that frankdracman23 does, that want reality like a video game. They need constant action no matter what. I mean there's so much crap plastered and scrolling on the screen of a ballgame broadcast that sometimes I feel like I'm having to watch the game through high weeds. But, again, that's the opinion of an old school baby boomer. I'll get out of the way now.

 

Well let me clarify. I thought the "Bob Gibson era" was boring as well. Then they lowered the mound and expansion and from 1969 to maybe a couple of years ago the American League "wait for a 3 run homer" was boring.

 

Now it seems like the majority of NL playoff games are low hit games with a ton of strikeouts. No one works a count anymore, no one hits behind the runner, no one bunts, no one puts the hit and run on. And the games still take 3 hours.

 

I do think baseball is losing the younger TV generations to football and basketball. Heck it is a chore to figure out what channel the games are even on anymore.

No one works a count anymore, no one hits behind the runner, no one bunts, no one puts the hit and run on.

 

I sure agree with you on the above.

Don't have a problem with 3 hour games. Today Oklahoma-Texas took 4 hours to play and Texas A&M-Tennessee took 4:20 to play regulation. Where is the outage for that?

There are folks, not saying that frankdracman23 does, that want reality like a video game. They need constant action no matter what. I mean there's so much crap plastered and scrolling on the screen of a ballgame broadcast that sometimes I feel like I'm having to watch the game through high weeds. But, again, that's the opinion of an old school baby boomer. I'll get out of the way now.

 

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e5f48a9f8970c-500wi

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e5f48a9f8970c-500wi

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:Well, I was sure you would have agreed mcpapa, seeing as we're from the same era and all.

I was in the camp as "all baseball is boring". My dad watches every Reds game he can and acts like he's in the dugout managing. Now I can't watch every pitch of every game he can(he also grew up in the 50s and 60s when baseball was still king). but since I started coaching my sons baseball team, I can certainly appreciate the strategy far more than before. I agree that there seems to be a tremendous lack of coaches taking chances, such as stealing home, or suicide squeeze. Maybe it's because I watch about a combined 5 games a year. I don't mind a pitchers duel but also like seeing guys run.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.