Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/George Rogers Clark Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Ryle
      100%
    • George Rogers Clark
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Should be a running clock by 2nd quarter, GRC will not pose a problem for Ryle

I hate the running clock rule. Valuable time wasted for player development. These kids bust their humps all year and if some 3 stringers or JV players get an opportunity to play in a not so close scoreboard situation. It's a win win. Even if you are on the back end of a not close scoreboard. Put your JV'rs in. Teaches sportsmanship, professionalism besides the player development upside

This is a keep your starters healthy type of game for Ryle. Don't see them being challenged in this one.

 

On a side note, when is someone going to start questioning the Ryle schedule? Guess they couldn't find an opening at Elder or Moeller? I kid......:sssh:

I think this schedule was set a few years ago when Ryle had a few or 3 tough seasons. They picked up LaSalle next year and the year following.

I hate the running clock rule. Valuable time wasted for player development. These kids bust their humps all year and if some 3 stringers or JV players get an opportunity to play in a not so close scoreboard situation. It's a win win. Even if you are on the back end of a not close scoreboard. Put your JV'rs in. Teaches sportsmanship, professionalism besides the player development upside

 

JV has their own game

Ryle will have 50 by half. Final 64-7.

JV has their own game

 

Not on Fridays under the lights against Varsity competition. It would be invaluable IMO

  • Author
JV has their own game

 

I noticed Ryle had a running clock on Highlands and still had 1s in the game.

We are a very young team. Should not be playing Ryle. Will there be a running clock, most likely. Will we play with heart and not give up, you bet. Look at our schedule and you will see why we are 1-4, and not getting any easier. Scott Co last week, Ryle this week and Lafayette next week. Just don't want any more of our players getting hurt.

Edited by gold sunrise

I noticed Ryle had a running clock on Highlands and still had 1s in the game.

 

Ryle was rotating JV players in 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Yes there was still some varsity leadership on the field in places but they weren't playing all their starters.

I noticed Ryle had a running clock on Highlands and still had 1s in the game.

 

Are you really kidding me! If I was Ryle's head coach I would have tried to put 100 on highlands that night! I was at the game Ryle could have done that! They were clicking, Highlands was down a player or two which should not be an excuse for how poorly they played. A program with Highland history of putting big numbers on the board against team! They were lucky that night Ryle's coaches called off the dogs when they did!

 

That being said, I do agree that running clocks in 1st half are bad. Give the back ups a chance to play some quality minutes. Some of these back ups are seniors who don't start who cant play JV.

Ask coaches about the running clock rule. I am sure they would all tell you it is a good thing. No one wants 60 put on them and if you didn't have running clock rule it would be bad in this one. As for someone crying for Highlands they have run the score up on more teams than there are teams in this state so give me a break about crying for Highlands!!!

I noticed Ryle had a running clock on Highlands and still had 1s in the game.

 

You are correct. Running Clock in the 2nd Quarter. The 1's came out in the 2nd half.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.