Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CHP Officer Attacked

Featured Replies

Because I am black and one societal ill bothers me a whole lot more than the other. I hate cancer and what it does to families but I don't speak on every thread made from every BGPer who shares they are losing someone to cancer. No one calls folks out in those threads. I don't wish every BGPer a Happy Birthday, even though I should, because every single Premium Member is wished a Happy Birthday thanks to some of our more thoughtful moderators. No one calls folks out in those threads. I don't congratulate Mercer County girl's basketball team every time they win a game even though I am close to one of the player's family. No one calls folks out in those threads.

 

The point is just because I or others may not run into a thread talking about a cop being senselessly attacked doesn't mean I(we) don't empathize with the situation and it doesn't make

us cop haters. I speak on what intrigues me the most and what I want to have a discussion about. There is no discussion to be had on something we all agree on. Attacking cops is stupid and people

who attack cops should at the very least be thrown in jail for life if not murdered. Do I really need to come into every thread like this one and post that last sentence I just wrote to make you feel better? Let me know. In fact, don't let me know. I'll make sure I post that sentence from now on next time it happens. That fact that we know there will be a next time is a bad enough thought as is.

 

You don't have to do anything to make me feel better.

 

Just as Strong has said though, it's hard to tell where someone stands when they rarely post on certain topics.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The officer actually did exactly what he should have done...and if he is anything like me he showed a LOT of restraint in doing so. Had he gotten out of the car someone, either himself or a perpetrator(s), would have probably been at least injured, if not worse. But yes, those punks should be punk slapped, several times in a row, then sent to the cooler for a while. And now I'm quite sure they feel emboldened by what happened and may very well act out like this again if given the opportunity. Only next time it happens it might end up with someone hurt or killed.

So what happened after the officer boogied out? Did he come back with reinforcements?

You don't have to do anything to make me feel better.

 

Just as Strong has said though, it's hard to tell where someone stands when they rarely post on certain topics.

 

So do we all have to express our obvious disdain for these kinds of events even though to some (mainly me) this is a Captain Obvious moment of disgust? Did anyone here really think someone on BGP would support the actions of these idiots vs. the officer? :idunno:

This statement is false on so many levels.

 

This is obviously awful, and the idiots that did it are nothing but despicable human beings.

 

This is a discussion board. Typically threads where everyone is in agreement get the least amount of traction. Not a whole lot of discussion to be had when everyone shares the same opinion.

 

 

Also, I didn't realize that questioning whether an officer involved shooting was justified or not made someone a cop hater....

Pretty simple, not much up for debate here.

So do we all have to express our obvious disdain for these kinds of events even though to some (mainly me) this is a Captain Obvious moment of disgust? Did anyone here really think someone on BGP would support the actions of these idiots vs. the officer? :idunno:

 

Probably not on BGP...but in the general public? Plenty of those idiots and they can been seen every night on the news or found on social media.

Probably not on BGP...but in the general public? Plenty of those idiots and they can been seen every night on the news or found on social media.

 

I don't disagree with that at all. But then again I have higher standards for BGP. :thumb:

So do we all have to express our obvious disdain for these kinds of events even though to some (mainly me) this is a Captain Obvious moment of disgust? Did anyone here really think someone on BGP would support the actions of these idiots vs. the officer? :idunno:

 

You are fooling yourself if you think there are those in the public that don't support this.

 

On BGP, I would sure hope not.

What do you want us to say? I don't know anyone here on BGP who wants to ever see or hear of an officer being attacked for any reason. Do we need to say how horrible it is for you to believe us?

 

What do you want us to say? I don't know anyone here on BGP who wants to ever see or hear of an officer being attacked for any reason. Do we need to say how horrible it is for you to believe us?

 

PP92, I agree with you. I dont come on BGP too much anymore, let alone post, around the beginning of the year I gave up posting for lent, but after lent was over I decided not to still not post, but a few posters who I have contact with outside of BGP mentioned about me posting some about pro soccer and a few other topics.

 

Most people who come on here might just go to threads that they have posted in before, or after a quick glance see something they are interested in and then open the thread. 15 minutes ago was the first time I noticed this thread, then a few posts down seeing all the negativity towards the people who for whatever haven't entered this thread or post in it. It's a huge turn off seeing some of the posts not only in this thread but other threads as well, it's like "why bother?"

Having posted my post above, now to discuss the thread topic.

 

Thank God that the CHP officer wasn't harmed. My opinion of what's on this video is the same that I have said in threads back a few years ago, that if vehicles are stopped by a group of people while driving, the driver had the right to put the petal to the floor and just drive forward and not stop. I mentioned that about 2 years ago as well, when a large group of protesters marching in downtown Cincy decided to walk onto I-75 and stop traffic. I recall some coming back at me calling me out for what I said. Same thing as with this CHP, if he honestly feels that server injury or death may happen to them, he has the right to just drive straight ahead to get out of the danger, as you don't know what the large group, even a small group, are planning to do. More so with civilians, if you are driving down the interstate and you see a group of people marching onto the interstate, you will sense possible danger, you have the right to protect yourself, especially if your wife and or kids are in your vehicle, your first responsibility is to protect your family, not the people who are on foot on the interstate protesting and stopping traffic, no one knows what they may be thinking of doing to you or your occupants.

 

Again, thankfully this CHP wasn't injured! Even with him being a CHP, he still has the right to protect homselve and get the heck out of there.

 

When I get home later I'll post a link of one of these "side shows" from two years ago. The events are an ongoing problem in the SF Bay area and other places in Northern California. I was passing by something in the lines of a uStream or LiveStream when I saw a TV helicopter stream of one of these Side Shows well before dozens of cruisers showed up. These people are nuts! Some have even accidently hit some of the people watching, then them having to floor it as some others in the crowd starts to attack the person who accidently lost control. The one I watched live two years ago must have had over 100 people in the middle of the night along the Oakland docks. Not a safe event to be at.

You are fooling yourself if you think there are those in the public that don't support this.

 

On BGP, I would sure hope not.

 

Exactly where did I state that "out there" people aren't reacting differently. I thought this whole strain of conversation was about responses "in here." BGP.

This is the one that I was watching live. They estimated over 200 people there, right before the police moved in one of the cars did hit a few bystanders. Remembering back to this myself and some other people watching it were hash tagging about the little red van, that got stuck on the train tracks, lol.

 

 

Second and longer video, at the 5:44 mark you see one of the red cars hit some of the people watching, then many go after the driver before the police move in.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.