September 28, 201610 yr Yeah cop hating was over the top I agree to that. But it always seems that the questions are towards the cop rather than the actions that caused the cop to do what he did. Just my opinion. That's not really true either. Lots of people question why the deceased was doing what they were doing, but unfortunately, they're not around any more to tell their side of it.
September 28, 201610 yr This statement is false on so many levels. This is obviously awful, and the idiots that did it are nothing but despicable human beings. This is a discussion board. Typically threads where everyone is in agreement get the least amount of traction. Not a whole lot of discussion to be had when everyone shares the same opinion. Also, I didn't realize that questioning whether an officer involved shooting was justified or not made someone a cop hater.... Yeah I get that, it just seems that the actions of the "victims" in these scenarios rarely get questioned idk maybe I am just on a Wednesday morning rant. :sour:
September 28, 201610 yr Yeah cop hating was over the top I agree to that. But it always seems that the questions are towards the cop rather than the actions that caused the cop to do what he did. Just my opinion. On many threads, we have limited info available and the media shoves it down our throats. So many of the threads we have regarding police issues are half tales. And we generally acknowledge that up front.
September 28, 201610 yr It's interesting that no one seems willing to comment on a officer being attacked. This is a heinous act that cannot be tolerated in a civilized society. What do you want us to say? I don't know anyone here on BGP who wants to ever see or hear of an officer being attacked for any reason. Do we need to say how horrible it is for you to believe us?
September 28, 201610 yr There is no way the cop haters on this site would ever be seen in a thread discussing the awful behavior portrayed in that video. I'm sure they will lurk and read and just wait for someone to say something negative about the individuals actions then pounce! Who are the cop haters on this site? Am I one? Let me know so I can stop doing whatever it is that makes a cop hater.
September 28, 201610 yr Simply not true? I see it in other threads why would it be any different than this one? Example: The "protestors" that drug the man around the parking garage and stripped/beat him. I specifically remember bringing this up multiple times in a thread and none of the posters I am speaking of had anything to say even though they each had about 50 posts a piece in that thread so I know they saw it. Let me speak on it just case you are talking about me because I know I saw it and didn't reply. That's awful. I wish they wouldn't do things like that to innocent people. Especially if they are doing it because of the color of their skin. That helps nothing.
September 28, 201610 yr Yeah cop hating was over the top I agree to that. But it always seems that the questions are towards the cop rather than the actions that caused the cop to do what he did. Just my opinion. The questions have been to both parties everytime I have been involved in the discussion. I don't think non compliance should equal death in most situations. In some non compliance situations death of the non complying person is the only alternative. When proven, I am fine with that and have said so. See: Michael Brown after the investigation was completed. There will be some where I don't think non compliance equaled death and I definitely don't think that just because someone has a rap sheet or committed a violent crime in 1995 that they should have been shot by the police in September 2016 for non compliance. If that makes me a cop hater on this site then so be it. I've been called worse.
September 28, 201610 yr What do you want us to say? I don't know anyone here on BGP who wants to ever see or hear of an officer being attacked for any reason. Do we need to say how horrible it is for you to believe us? Pretty much. If if you are going to be so vocal on one aspect of societies ills, why not another?
September 28, 201610 yr Pretty much. If if you are going to be so vocal on one aspect of societies ills, why not another? Because I am black and one societal ill bothers me a whole lot more than the other. I hate cancer and what it does to families but I don't speak on every thread made from every BGPer who shares they are losing someone to cancer. No one calls folks out in those threads. I don't wish every BGPer a Happy Birthday, even though I should, because every single Premium Member is wished a Happy Birthday thanks to some of our more thoughtful moderators. No one calls folks out in those threads. I don't congratulate Mercer County girl's basketball team every time they win a game even though I am close to one of the player's family. No one calls folks out in those threads. The point is just because I or others may not run into a thread talking about a cop being senselessly attacked doesn't mean I(we) don't empathize with the situation and it doesn't make us cop haters. I speak on what intrigues me the most and what I want to have a discussion about. There is no discussion to be had on something we all agree on. Attacking cops is stupid and people who attack cops should at the very least be thrown in jail for life if not murdered. Do I really need to come into every thread like this one and post that last sentence I just wrote to make you feel better? Let me know. In fact, don't let me know. I'll make sure I post that sentence from now on next time it happens. That fact that we know there will be a next time is a bad enough thought as is.
September 28, 201610 yr Because I am black and one societal ill bothers me a whole lot more than the other. I hate cancer and what it does to families but I don't speak on every thread made from every BGPer who shares they are losing someone to cancer. No one calls folks out in those threads. I don't wish every BGPer a Happy Birthday, even though I should, because every single Premium Member is wished a Happy Birthday thanks to some of our more thoughtful moderators. No one calls folks out in those threads. I don't congratulate Mercer County girl's basketball team every time they win a game even though I am close to one of the player's family. No one calls folks out in those threads. The point is just because I or others may not run into a thread talking about a cop being senselessly attacked doesn't mean I(we) don't empathize with the situation and it doesn't make us cop haters. I speak on what intrigues me the most and what I want to have a discussion about. There is no discussion to be had on something we all agree on. Attacking cops is stupid and people who attack cops should at the very least be thrown in jail for life if not murdered. Do I really need to come into every thread like this one and post that last sentence I just wrote to make you feel better? Let me know. In fact, don't let me know. I'll make sure I post that sentence from now on next time it happens. That fact that we know there will be a next time is a bad enough thought as is. Thanks for posting this, I get that some topics mean more to you than others. But how am I or other posters supposed to know that you agree with what has happened to a police officer or someone walking through a parking garage is horrible unless you acknowledge it at some point. I am not saying you should or need to go into every thread to make sure people know how you feel I am just saying at some point it is nice to hear that people acknowledge its not all one sided issues. This isn't just about you sorry if it came off that way.
September 28, 201610 yr Thanks for posting this, I get that some topics mean more to you than others. But how am I or other posters supposed to know that you agree with what has happened to a police officer or someone walking through a parking garage is horrible unless you acknowledge it at some point. I am not saying you should or need to go into every thread to make sure people know how you feel I am just saying at some point it is nice to hear that people acknowledge its not all one sided issues. This isn't just about you sorry if it came off that way. Common sense? I mean, if a child is brutally murdered, does every BGP member have to go into the thread and post how horrific and awful it is for you to know they feel that way?
September 28, 201610 yr Common sense? I mean, if a child is brutally murdered, does every BGP member have to go into the thread and post how horrific and awful it is for you to know they feel that way? Alright smart one... I'm specifically speaking on police issues not other obvious situations as you've mentioned.
September 28, 201610 yr Alright smart one... I mean, do you really feel there are posters on here that sit back and read about a cop being brutally attacked, and they're happy about it or feel they had it coming?
September 28, 201610 yr I mean, do you really feel there are posters on here that sit back and read about a cop being brutally attacked, and they're happy about it or feel they had it coming? I wasn't sure I don't personally know anyone on here. So when I only read certain views coming from people it's hard to know really.
September 28, 201610 yr Thanks for posting this, I get that some topics mean more to you than others. But how am I or other posters supposed to know that you agree with what has happened to a police officer or someone walking through a parking garage is horrible unless you acknowledge it at some point. I am not saying you should or need to go into every thread to make sure people know how you feel I am just saying at some point it is nice to hear that people acknowledge its not all one sided issues. This isn't just about you sorry if it came off that way. No problem at all. There are a handful of us who seem to agree philosophically when it comes to police threads so I did feel like I was one of the ones you were speaking I've acknowledged many times on here that it is awful when a police officer or an innocent person is attacked. Definitely not everytime but more often than not. More often than not the discussion takes a turn and it becomes less about the actual incident and more philosophical in nature.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.