Beechwood 40 Covington Holy Cross 33

theguru

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As to the touchdowns that got called back, maybe they were touchdowns because of the penalties. No doubt the kickoff return touchdown that got called back if the kid doesn't hold it is not a touchdown.

I'm not saying anything negative, I just didn't see them. Probably because I wasn't there but good game to watch..

I'm not saying anything negative, I just didn't see them. Probably because I wasn't there but good game to watch..

I hear you, but I know what's coming. On the other touchdown that was called back for a face mask, there is zero doubt it was a face mask. I have never seen this happen before but the Holy Cross player's hand got stuck in the Beechwood player's face mask. The Beechwood player had to remove his helmet at the end of the play so the Holy Cross player could get his hand out of his face mask.

I hear you, but I know what's coming. On the other touchdown that was called back for a face mask, there is zero doubt it was a face mask. I have never seen this happen before but the Holy Cross player's hand got stuck in the Beechwood player's face mask. The Beechwood player had to remove his helmet at the end of the play so the Holy Cross player could get his hand out of his face mask.

....and you were ABSOLUTELY right on the holding call on the kickoff return for a touchdown, without the hold he doesn't score, it was plain as day from were I was sitting.

I saw that.. There is no way you don't call something like that..

In my opinion coaching won this game and the the play of the offensive line to block for Burch. Justice lit them up all night..

If Holy Cross tackled instead of trying to strip the ball, and just handed off to Barnes and Abernathy (HC had OVERWHELMING size advantage) this score could have been different. Barnes is a beast on both sides of the ball.

Once Barnes and Abernathy got forward momentum it was "all she wrote".

Beechwood passing game was "on fire", receivers open all night, I was very impressed.

Justice for Beechwood might be one of the smallest players in NKY, but plays BIG, was a real treat to watch him tonight.

Barnes was incredible tonight on both sides of the ball. You can see why he has that D1 scholarship in hand. His speed surprised me. He doesn't look that fast but he is. He had to have 300 yards rushing. Whatever he had, he would have had 100 yards more if Holy Cross gave him more carries.

Key play in the game was the Beechwood players catching Abernathy from behind and tackling him at the 3 yard line with about 3 minutes to go. Then the Beechwood defense made Holy Cross run three more plays to score wasting time on the clock.

Who's the kid who go away on what should of been a beechwood punt on that 3rd and long? Was that Justice again?

Yes, that was Justice. It was 3rd and 20 late in the game for Beechwood. Justice ran a route down the sideline and pulled up right at the yard marker. Burch put the pass on the money. Big time throw and catch - first down Beechwood.

That is a beautiful thing you do there nkypete. Very nice.

How many people leaving that game would have said Aiden Justice had more offensive yards than Derrick Barnes? (271 yards to 250)

Great game tonight by Justice. The last reception on the swing pass where he broke what looked like a sure tackle for a loss and picked up the first down was impressive. That play enabled Beechwood to run out the clock, versus punting the ball back to Holy Cross.

Yes, that was Justice. It was 3rd and 20 late in the game for Beechwood. Justice ran a route down the sideline and pulled up right at the yard marker. Burch put the pass on the money. Big time throw and catch - first down Beechwood.

I was referring to the one that beechwood got to kneel it after?