Waiver Wire Strategies

UKMustangFan

I am very much in the dilemma. I have the number one spot and our league decided to change our waiver wire this year. It doesn't reset, so I stay on top til I pick.

I could use a little more depth at RB with Chris Ivory & Dion Lewis being out. Plus Jeremy Hill sucks, and LA's offense kills Gurley. I have Booker on my bench took.

Looking to take Asiata, Artis-Payne, Whitaker, Drake or even Shane Vereen. Just not sure where to go with it.

I am very much in the dilemma. I have the number one spot and our league decided to change our waiver wire this year. It doesn't reset, so I stay on top til I pick.

I could use a little more depth at RB with Chris Ivory & Dion Lewis being out. Plus Jeremy Hill sucks, and LA's offense kills Gurley. I have Booker on my bench took.

Looking to take Asiata, Artis-Payne, Whitaker, Drake or even Shane Vereen. Just not sure where to go with it.

As a heads up, all indictions are Ivory might be back this week but expect him to be back next week for sure.

I picked up DeWayne Washington over the guys that you mentioned.

I've been playing the wire a lot so far. I lost Keenan Allen week one and Abdullah week two (Abdullah in multiple leagues). But mostly I've only got potential guys. Tyrell Williams from San Diego, Enunwa from New York, etc. It's a FAAB league so you can get anyone if you spend enough money (and have it left). Tried to get Dwayne Washington, but someone else sunk 30% of their total FAAB to get him.

BTW, without injuries, I typically give my highly drafted guys a lot of latitude. But if they are in your low rounds, they were all about potential. If someone on the wire is making good on their potential, or have a situation created for them by injury, I pounce.

Edited by DragonFire

I'm getting killed this year. Kept AP in my keeper league and drafted Russell Wilson. That puts me 0-2! LOL I'm getting crushed over here! I did grab M.Wallace for the Ravens on a wire pickup. Hopefully I can get a little help from him until J.Gordon comes back. I grabbed him late in the draft.

I like Whitaker the best of this group.

I love the waiver wire and I am always tweeking my roster. I think the waiver wire and mid round picks, along with no injuries make your season. All leagues are different, but I don't hold back. I am always looking to improve my team and snake talent from other teams.

Yeah, I'm thankful for that. Need the depth bad at this point. Curious how him and Yeldon will share the workload. What do you think, since you're the Jax expert on the board?

Ivory will be the big red zone back. Ivory is meant more for the receiver. Ppr benefits Yeldon, standard benefits Ivory. I would put both in the flex option considering the Jaguars passing attack and the garbage offensive line.

I love the waiver wire and I am always tweeking my roster. I think the waiver wire and mid round picks, along with no injuries make your season. All leagues are different, but I don't hold back. I am always looking to improve my team and snake talent from other teams.

My experience is that playing the waiver wire game every week is generally the best way to win leagues. IMO it's what seperates the men from the boys in FF.